Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yay me! Promotion!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

I'm stoked now. Not only did I score a TDY to Germany next week and get two months tax free, I got "Senior Airman Below the Zone". Get you heads outta the gutter. It just means they thought I was better than a bunch of people and promoted me six months early.

Funny thing is, my date of rank is 4 December, not 22 December due to an administrative FUBAR.

It meant for an interesting presentation from my commander. I was checking tools out and was told to report to my flight chief ASAP. I was then intercepted by my squadron commander and his enterauge (sic) and the Major said "Airman Davis, you're out of uniform" I was a little puzzled, but he got to the point and gave me my letter from the wing commander and explained the whole situation to everyone.

Good day at work :D

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

CONGRATS! A meritorious promotion always looks good on your record. What paygrade is SR Airman? Sounds like E4.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's excellent! I got the BTZ too, 'course, that was in the late '70's. ;)

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

E-4 is correct, and thanks. I get my shirts back from the alteration people on Monday. Feel kind of funny with SrA rank on my gortex jacket and A1C on my sleeve =\

Just to elaborate on the date of rank thing; I was supposed to have been considered for BTZ back in October, being that my DOR for BTZ is 4 December. Due to the desk jockeys at MPF (Personnel peoples) I wasn't on the "projected BTZ list" until the last quarter. You're supposed to submit the package for consideration the quarter before the DOR for BTZ. In any event, my first shirt and commander decided that the MPF's screwup shouldn't nix me out BTZ and made it so that I could go to the review board and whatnot. It made for a funny day at work yesterday "Hey, Davis! When do you put on?" -- "Uhhh, a couple weeks ago?"

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

STFU with the ABC crap ASAP! :D

congrats on the promotion. :waytogo:

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats dude:waytogo: :waytogo:

7. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

Congrats!!! Blow The Bone is a nice jump! Plus only 6 months for the 3 years in service raise too!!!

When I was in they just did away with sgt. Is it still SRA to Staff now?

Scott

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Yep, SrA to SSgt. No buck sgt any more. No lighting up the star, etc.