Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yea

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got my D200hc back from MMATS. UPS just delivered. Too damn cold out too reinstall right now. That cold wind cuts right through ya.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Hooked everything back up and still no bass. I was flippin I'm telling ya. Anywho, fuce looked fine, but I swaped it out for a new one and I have bass once again. So now I'm wondering if I really needed too send my amp in to MMATS. Oh well, they replaced the crossover and did a couple of up grades to it anyways. I'm happy too have my bass back. :D

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Interesting.....was the fuse on the amp itself, or on the power harness???

Seems strange that MMATS could verify the "service" your amp without a working fuse. :thinking:

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Fuce located in 2 gauge power cable by battery under hood. MMATS D200hc doesn't have fuce on amp itself. I knew my D200hc needed the crossover replaced anyways. It would cut out occationally, but if ya wiggled the crossover knob, it'd come back up. I'm just happy too have bass again.

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Are you sure there's no internal fuse? Not many manufacturers do not put an internal fuse in their amps somewhere, I didn't think mmats was one of them, and I really don't understand why they would do such a thing to begin with. The in-line fuse in your wire, and the internal fuse on an amplifier are not meant to protect the same thing, so they should not be interchanged.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Couldn't tell you if there is or isn't one inside, I don't have the special tool (Kind of like a alen wrench, but not) required too take a MMATS amp apart. Doesn't matter, the fuce problem I had was the one next to the battery. It looked fine, but everything worked after I put a different fuce in it.

7. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

Ive never owned a mmats amp, perhaps its a torx bit?

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not a torx bit either. Like alen head, but a off size, I have a few alen wrench sets, but nothing I have fits. Either too big or too small. It does use a 5/32 alen wrench for the power cables.