Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yeaaaah, it runs again

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RESTORE89, Mar 27, 2001.

1. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

Thanks to all who replied to my post ont 3-21 "HELP IT JUST DIED", because "IT'S ALIVE" again. the problem was the connection at the starter solenoid where the battery cable and the wire to the junction block are the firewall meet, was corroded, and would allow voltage through, but not enough amperage to run things. i found this when i had accidentally left the ignition on, and i was moving the wires trying to trace there route, and the electric fuel pump came on. i then new i had juice again.I ended up replacing the starter, because when i tried to remove the cables for cleaning, the solenoid fell apart in my hand. i replaced the battery cable, and i ran a new wire to the junction block on the firewall, but this time i ran it staight from the battery, instead of jumping off the starter. i have decided that i really must be qualified to be an automotive electrical engineer now. ( lets not bring up the fact that it took almost a week ) why can not cars be wired like a good boat? everything seperated running to 1 fuse block, and easily accesible. i also think i am now a contortionist, after trying to access the fuse panel under the dash
    thanks to all
    chris

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Great! I'm glad you got it running! Thanks for posting what fixed it. That way, if I run into that, I'll know to check that. Thanks!

[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>