Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yeeehaaa!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Magnus88, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

I borrowed a '90 454SS from a friend today. OH MY GOD! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I could not belive the difference in power from my 350TBI. And the sound of that thing when you drop the hammer. Geeeezzz!!!! I think this is about as much fun you can get without getting undressed /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    The only problem is that i will think that from now on anything but a BBC is nothing... Oh well, we all have to carry our crosses /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif RAT POWER ROCKS!!!

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I'm scared that if I drove one of those, I'd want one. I've driven my friends 2002 Silverado with the 5.3 and after a few mins driving that, my K5 seemed like a Geo Metro.

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

It's probably not even built....just imagine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

A guy I know has a 454 SS. He has a lot of time and money in the truck. Edelbrock stand alone EFI, all new bottom end, thoroghly worked heads, lumpy cam. He can't even drive it in when the roads are wet... won't get traction. That thing is scary!

Kris

5. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

i used to be asbc guy until i got my truck. back when it had 33's i could spin them all the way down the street. scary. glad it has the 454 with the 44's.

6. Magnus88

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
    He can't even drive it in when the roads are wet... won't get traction

[/ QUOTE ]
    You bet. It was raining a bit earlier today and the tires would spin like nothing if you didnt take it easy on the skinny pedal.:

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea..those are some pretty sweet ass trucks id love to take one for a spin..or own one..someday when i have a good paying full time job you bet ill be havin me one! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

those things had like 220 hp from the factory, you arent telling me you got worked up over a stock one, did you?

9. FULLSIZE

FULLSIZE Registered Member

i thought they had 255hp stock? it seems like the torque is what they are more impressed with. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    They aren't all that fast... they just do really good burnouts and drink lots of gas.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you sound like your talking about my DD,the 350 super duty, that v-10 has 310 hp. i can melt the tires, but any quick car eventually passes me.and gas -gulp gulp. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. Confedneck

those SD with the v10s are pigs, with a set of 35s you cant spin a tire and youd be better off with a 5.4 sadly enough if you never towed... diesel power

13. Magnus88

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
    those things had like 220 hp from the factory, you arent telling me you got worked up over a stock one, did you?

[/ QUOTE ]
    From what i know its stock, but since ive never driven a BB before, the difference in torque from my SB is night and day. I have never been to amused with just going fast. I love acceleration!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have always been addicted to speed and a vehicle that can get your pulse to double in a matter of seconds. I just want to share what does it for me when not driving the Blazer. I have a 2002 Corvette Z06, the car is a _____ing race car, it is unbelievable to say the least. I bought it just 2 weeks before I got deployed overseas as an active duty Marine in June of 2002 as a retirement present to myself for 20 years of service. I cannt wait to get home in September and drive around a little (just 1,500 miles on it from 2 weeks of driving). I also have a 1992 GMC Typhoon that has spent its entire life in Souther California with only 74,000 miles on the odometer that I will be selling as soon as my Blazer is done with its paint. Speed is an addiction!!!!!

15. Confedneck

i know what you're saying, those typhoons are sweet rides...and they get some pretty good cash...

16. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

HA! Don't get me wrong, I'm a Bowtie Guy through and through but the 454SS ain't got nuttin' on a Lighting! I've ridden in two different ones and they will pretty much beat anything right up to about 85-100 mph when the aerodynamics come into play, but still only 'Vettes, Cobras, SS Camaros etc can beat it there...wow...those are one of the few Fords I would love to own [​IMG]

17. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

well some of the guys i work with are going to the drag strip to race a Ford Lighting /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif vs a Z28 camaro with the Corvette engine/6spd/supercharged/2 stage nitrous /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif to see whos boss I can already tell you whos going to win Now i can say i have seen the ford lighting beat some cobra mustangs at the track before but he aint got nothing on this Chevy.

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

bah, the hemi ownz them all. you could prolly out drag a lighting with a hemi equipped short school bus... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

19. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about the new Hemi Ram? I smoked one in my old 92 Firebird 305 TBI(heavily modified of course), he got a car on me right away, but I passed him after a second or two.

20. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wait till' that new SRT-10 ram comes out the lighting won't have a chance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif