Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YeeeHaaaa!!!!! Check out what I scored today!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Ok, I'm so stoked about this one it's drivin me nutz! lol...Ok heres the story...The radio station in town has like a classified section on the website......Saw an 82 chevy short bed for sale there. So I called the lady about it. She said it was a diesel that had been converted to gas. Was lifted and had "monster" tires. So I went out to look at it today. It's a 1/2 ton Silverado short bed. 4" lift on 33's. Now this is the second best part...It has a Holley Pro-Jectioned 402 big block, TH400, 208 case, and weany 10 bolts. Now for the BEST part...Guess how much I'm gettin it for?
    $300! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Only thing wrong is it needs a head gasket...SImple thing though. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

DAMN YOU!!! haha jk NICE MAN!!...what are you plans for it?

Bryan

3. Zeus33rd

I think I'm gonna keep it and fix it up to be a tow rig for the K5. Do the 3/4 ton conversion, Pull the Pro-Jection off the 402 and into the Blazer. Put a Edelbrock Performer Q-jet on the 402, and call it good. lol, Did I mention that it also comes with a CB and radar detector? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

damn no way!! man sounds hot!! congrats man wish i was you right now haha

5. Zeus33rd

I seem to have good luck with the radio stations "classifieds" website....A month or so ago, I saw and ad for a free 76 chevy stepside 2 wheel drive- No engine, tranny was sittin in the back..And a free '74 K5 with a dissasembled 350, TH350 and 203. Both trucks were pretty much trash except for the drive trains. The K5 had the D44 up front and a blown 12 bolt out back with 3.73's. My K5 had 3.08's, So I swapped in the front end outta the 74 into mine, which also has flat top passenger knuckle, and off loaded the rest of the junk in trade for my 14b ff. So my 14 bolt and D44 with 3.73's were basically free. And now I made this score.....YeeeeHaaaaa!!!! Luck of the Irish I guess. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

Some people have all the luck.....Old lady must have been hard up for some cash...good find /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I would bet the old lady is pissed off at the old man or the son and Not hard up for money.

8. Zeus33rd

You got it almost right Grimmy....Old lady and old man are pissed at thier 20 year old son for not gettin it off the property...So, his loss. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif When I went to get it today, they told me that he had come by like half hour after I had left last night...When I was loadin it on the trailer, I just wanted to get it on and get the hell outta there before someone changed thier mind..lol. All is well though...It's sittin in the driveway now. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

9. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

do you have any pictures of it

10. Zeus33rd

Not yet, I'll grab some pics tommorrow though. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

You hope its a head gasket....

12. Zeus33rd

Hell yeah I hope it's a head gasket...if it's a cracked block...That would suck ass. Gaskets are a simple thing, and if it has a cracked head, thats just an excuse to go with some nice shiny new Edelbrock heads. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Soon as I tear into it and figure out whats goin on, I'll post it...Wish me luck! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

13. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i wish i had thsat kind of luck.and im irish too.hahha.and my luck stinks.