Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YEEHA!! DIESEL PRICES GOING DOWN!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by DieselFreak, Mar 31, 2003.

1. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

Yess! today hen i was on my way to school I saw something beautiful.

The big thing outside the gas station showed that the price for diesel this morning was down to 0.95 €/Litre (3,70 $/gallon)!!!As a reference I can also say that 1 week ago the price was 1.05 €/Litre(4,09 $/gallon). Talk about prices are going the right way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Although you have to drive about 15,000 miles a year to make it worth to go diesel (high taxes. Damn government /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif) It goes pretty good when you drive a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to school.) Any1 else that have been experienced diesel gone cheaper (or more expensive) feel free to reply your comments

<font color="purple">Drive a diesel - Be happy </font>

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red">DieselFreak</font> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

lucky for u...it is staying the same here, like $1.86 a gallon..tucson az has some of the highest gas prices on the west coast... its horrible

3. chevyuser

chevyuser Registered Member

Here in Ingolstadt(Bavaria, Oktoberfest, AUDI)the Diesel was just about 0.94 Euro/liter, i think i have not much fun with this very high prices in the Moment so i tend to overworking my Blazer a little bit for having appetite on saladoil then:-) In the moment ia thinking about a practicable way to heat the Oil up to 70°C before it reaches the Injection pump.....
    But never the less its a great way of drinving in a american Truck:-))

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Here in Austin, the diesel is down to $1.49...

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Is your Blazer registered as 2+3 N1,or is it M1 car?(hate to say it,but Blazers are registered here in Finland as a car /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)
    Mine is M1 with high diesel tax.I'm gonna ask from DMW that is it possible to register my K5 as a M1G = off-road vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Is your Blazer registered as 2+3 N1,or is it M1 car?(hate to say it,but Blazers are registered here in Finland as a car /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)
    Mine is M1 with high diesel tax.I'm gonna ask from DMW that is it possible to register my K5 as a M1G = off-road vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you modify it it becomes M3?
    I know the european FIA standards and that's what I remember the modified Jeep that we ran off road races with was classified.
    Do they classify all the cars the same way?
    N1 is stock for cars right?

7. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

So if you modify it it becomes M3?
    I know the european FIA standards and that's what I remember the modified Jeep that we ran off road races with was classified.
    Do they classify all the cars the same way?
    N1 is stock for cars right?

[/ QUOTE ]

M1 is a car, M2 and M3 are busses, N1 is a van, N2 and N3 are heavy trucks.

If I modify my K5,I have take it to inspection,and show all changed parts.If more than 50% of parts are changed,I would have to pay tax(same amount than in a new car)that would be so much,that for example it would be cheaper to buy a new Tahoe.

M1G and N1G registered vehicles need to meet some requirements.
    Vehicle has one front,and one rear driveaxle,and one of them can be disconnected.
    Vehicle has at least one locking differential,or it has similar system.
    Vehicles calculated hillclimbing ability without trailer is at least 30 degrees.
    Vehicle must meet at least five of next requirements:
    departure angle of at least 20 degrees,
    approach angle of at least 25 degrees,
    rampangle? of at least 20 degrees,
    ground clearence under front axle at least 180mm(7,5")
    Ground clearence under rear axle at least 180mm(7,5")
    and ground clearence between axles at least 200mm(8")