Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yeehaa, Love Summer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm the purple dot somewhere in this mess..............................:D :D :D

[​IMG]

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i call bill**** on this one. that doesnt even look like you! :screwy:

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So Your Barney?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Have you ever had a dinosaur foot up your ass?????????????:haha: :haha: :haha:

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Umm no. Not from Barney anyways:D :D

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

come on now everyone knows purple is bubbas favorite color

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What exactly is going on in that pic? A tornado watch? :confused:

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

The yellow boxes are tornado watches. I took the screenshot right after all the red boxes (tornado warnings, which means there's been tornadoes on the ground somewhere) were taken off.

I was actually in uniform, on standby, ready to go out when I took that screenshot. I had one of my handhelds on, sitting next to me and from what I could pick up, the guys on duty were out about 10 southeast of where I live surveying damage from one of the three tornadoes that touched down in the area. There was another one a little further east, and one about 40 miles south earlier. Very little damage from what I know, and I don't think they were on the ground all that long and no one got hurt.

It's been a crazy summer so far, just not work wise. The weather had been raising all kinds of hell out here. Those storms in the pic were running about 40-50 knots. A few nights ago, we had a storm that blew through that was clocked at about 80 mph at times. With it being as dry as it has been, that hasn't helped either. Last week, we had a storm blow through, the rain wasn't making it to the ground, but lighting was everywhere and there was somewhere around the neighborhood of 8 brush fires in the county. I surveyed one Saturday while working (the one I posted about). It got stopped before it ran through the campground, but it jumped the dam, burned up a lot of posts used for the guardrails on the dam road and burnt a lot of ground up. I believe it was the next night, another lighting strike caused another brush fire and I was listening to the fire channel (I was working) and they were saying they had lightning hitting all around them while trying to put the fire out.

If these storms would settle down a little bit, get rid of the wind, and piss out all the moisture they are holding, it would do us a lot of good right now. That one that I mentioned that was hauling ass last week, it was going so fast that the rain maybe lasted 5 minutes, but it was soaking the ground pretty good, it was raining that hard.

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

No golfing for you for a while.......