Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yehaw! *Pics*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SlyDog, Dec 10, 2004.

1. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Alot of you old old timers probably remember me posting about 3 1/2 years ago sayin I got a K5 and all!...Well today I am here to tell you that it is finally running again!!

Check out the pics and let me know what you think!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/slydogk5
    This is on the way to emmissions testing so no dirt time yet, hopefully very very soon!...Since it failed emmissions...its at the shop right now getting retuned and will be retested tomorow !

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

The topic had me looking for haybell's and calf-roping!.....looks stout, I like the no tailgate look :thinking: ...........

3. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

:cool1: The truck looks good. I like those street photos it reminds me of the spy photos you see of the upcoming new vehicles.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Were wheeling soon :deal:

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You will probably want to add some type of support rod between the quarter panels if you are not going to run a tailgate. When you start wheeling it you will flex the body alot and the QP's will shift and move without support. They will also fold in if you smack them hard on rocks.

If you don't ever plan on putting a tailgate back on or the top back on then it isn't as much of a problem but your bedsides will look all tweeked from the back.

az-k5 runs some support rods but he still collapsed a bedside and bent the other side in on rocks.

Looks good though. When is the maiden voyage? Are you planning on bashing it or trying to keep it clean an prestine? If you are planning on avoiding some body damage you will want to get some bumpers with some good armor and a set of integrated rock sliders with kickers to help keep the body away from the rocks some.

Harley

6. pauly383

I'd let him have the projects flat black tailgate , the window stuff is going in the circular file , would make great storage area for spare parts :k5: :k5:

7. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys! I love it and am soo excited to finally have it on the road!

Hoss - This thing was made to be driven..and abused :-D I am planning on putting a tailgate back on...I was thinking a truck tailgate.

Paul - Very interested if your serious bout the tailgate...i don't want stuff sliding out the back :doh:

Maiden voyage is comin up, probably be butcher jones area...but will let all you local guys know...make a group run outta it, not like we need an excuse or anything.

8. pauly383

Its yours then , I ain't using it , its flat black , has a dent , window broken . You can get the hadware and gate and keep your stuff back there . A piece of plywood and some hardware store hinges for the inside to cover it , and it will be great to store shafts and such :thumb:

9. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Is that a custom 465/203 adapter? Very nice looking!

The truck looks great! I love how the steering parts absolutely stand out, VERY NICE!

10. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Awesome, thanks Paul!

Yes, thats a custom adapter my dad and I designed. We didn't like the 10 spline so we designed that and now have a 23 spline shaft.