Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yellow Freight

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jishory, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

Just trying to warn anybody here if they need to ship something soon and arent sure what way they want to ship. I have had 3 tires i have needed to get rid of for some time, some dude in utah off pirate bought them, i called yellow for a quote of what it is to ship to him, got the price of ~180.i give that to the guy who wants to buy the tires, we agree on the price he sends me a cashiers check for the price of the tires plus shipping. i call back yellow and say im ready for the pickup on thursday(today) from 2-4, they say ok they will be there then, that will be 240$... not catching that the price has changed i let the guy know that the truck will be here thursday, and it was 240$, he replied that that wasnt the price he agreed with for shipping. im an honest guy here so i tell him ill pay the diff on shipping because thats bs to switch the price like that. so yellow shows up tuesday, im not home, they leave a couple forms with my parents to fill out when they get back. i call yellow, give them the wtf i scheduled thursday, they say ok they will be there from 2-4 thursday. today as im sitting in my driveway wrenching waiting for the truck to show up, 4 o'clock passes and i need to get ready for work, they show up about 20 minutes late, i tell the dude on the way out, you were supposed to be here hours ago, i cant sit around and lollygag with you i have a job to go to, ship it here give me parents the price, mail me the bill. he tells my parents the shipping is 304$. right now im pretty damn pissed about the ass service they gave me but im furious they are jacking the price up every time i talk to them. if i would have gotten the correct price the first time, no biggie i could have given the dude the correct price and he probibly would have turned it down because that price is outrageous and i could have sold them to all of the local people that were interested since they guy from utah already made the deposit. im about to call them right now saying im not giving them twice what i agreed to pay, they can drop the tires off back here and i can go through a different company that wont bone me like they did.

DONT USE YELLOW FREIGHT

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Never dealt with Yellow when I was in parts shipping in TX. Mostly used R&L Carriers and AAA Cooper. R&L we had the least amount of problems with. Actually.....we never had any with them.

3. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Industrial Opportunities, Inc., the local outfit here that I worked at that makes mainly duffel bags for the Army, uses Old Dominion for hauling duffel bag shipments to an Army distribution center in Pennsylvania. Anybody here used Old Dominion and had any problems with them?

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Yellow freight is notorious for exactly what you described... it just happened to my shipper on a barrel of undercoat I had shipped... he asked if I would split the amount with him... I said no way... Yellow freight ended up charging what they bid.... this is the way they operate

union crooks

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I send my big stuff through Fed EX freight can do it all on line come to your door and pick it up. Last thing I sent was a VW fiberglass front end and it was $90 to Texas because of the size.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Should I or shouldn't I start one hell of a blow out thread right about now???????????????:D

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Should.....

And OD can kiss my as too. They have screwed me over a few times before

8. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Should..:D

9. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

That stinks, I use U.S. Bestway, Fed - x and UPS.

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Nah, if I did, my ancestors might come out of the ground a git me being as one of them was a long time employee of Yellow. But then again, we could say something about them being Teamsters, that could be fun:haha:

11. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

They honored their 240 charge again, done with dealing with it at this point, just trying to aim yall away from them now.

12. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Teamsters...
    ARE CROOKED all the way

My family ran Allied Van Lines....
    in 1960's after several strikes and huge pay increases for drivers (how about 40.00 an hour ....????) we finally broke those bastards and went non-union... giving up our freight operations to do it.... (thats why companies like yellow are around)

they keep trying to get our non union shop members to go union but they wont have it....
    how would you like your "union" dues paying fatcats and organized crime and having no say about it,,,
    Its been said the Union has cleaned itself up... I dont believe that for one second... crap on them.. thats what I say

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Slap 'em with a Boca Burger.