Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yes, another 700r4 Q

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by talldogg, Oct 25, 2000.

1. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Okay, I know this has been covered before, but I ran a search and I couldn't find it. I know the 700r4 isn't the strongest tranny, but I need the OD, and I'll be rebuilding it with the B&M Transpak kit. How can I tell what year 700 I'm looking at, I know it has to do with the casting number, but I need more info. And, what year was it when the 700 was improved over the previous years? Thanks.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Not sure how to tell the year, but the 89-90 3/4 ton p/u 700r4, I think is the one everyone says to get.

Although we have a heavy boat and do a lot of towing. We have had most years f the 700r4 and we have always had a tranny cooler on them. We only had one go out and need rebuilt and that tranny had 100K on it and pulled a boat for years. These all were in Heavy 3/4 GM Fullsize Conversion Vans.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com