Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yes another Lift question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wfahlgren, Dec 30, 2001.

1. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

Dec 30, 2000
    I have a 72, I have a set of 35X15.5X15 swamprs. I want to know will a 4 inch lift work, with blocks. I have herd that a 4 inch i wont wave to worry about driveshaft angles. If I go with a 6 inch what am I looking at doing, other thank just the lift. Also what brand should i go with?
  2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Mar 6, 2001
    You will need to cut the fenders if you will ever be compressing the suspension. Otherwise, it will "work."
  3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Feb 21, 2001
    15.5 is a wide tire. No matter what you do you will have to trim with a tire that wide.

To run a 6" you would have to...
    Buy extended brake lines (for a 4" you can relocate them)
    Have your driveshafts lenghtened
    Use a raised steering arm (sometimes you can get away without one w/ a 4")
    Buy steps so you can get into the damned thing

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>
  4. When I went to lift my truck I went with a 4 instead of a 6 for the driveshaft reason but ended up having to lengthen my front driveshaft anyway. Wish I would have gone with a 6" lift in the first place. I've got the Rockwell T221 transfer case which probably is why I needed a longer driveshaft whereas the Blazers and later trucks with the NP205 may not need it lengthened. I even had to add a CV Joint to the shaft after it was lengthened. Adding length to a driveshaft is not too expensive. I think mine was like $110, balanced but without the CV joint.

1969 C20 4x4
    4" lift, 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR's
  5. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Oct 24, 2000
    When I done my 4 inch my front drive shaft was perfect but the back one had to be lengthend.
    All they did was put a longer yoke on it. I was a afraid of extreme sag and the thing coming out.
    You will know when you get it in there if its going to be to short.
    And you will have to trim your front fenders I had to with 12.5 wide tires, it could even rub in the back of the fender but you really have to have it smashed on a rock and turned one way or the other.
    Good luck

Blazin 72
    1972 K5 350 vortec, 4 inch lift, with nothing else important.