Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yes another SLAM for KMA Bumpers... Grim KMA dude is not right.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Sep 14, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

I go to the pirate4x4 bbs as well, lots of good folks over there to. Anyhow, seems the the KMA folks dont just screw over the Chevy people. The following message is from a guy with a Toyota, he is SeaBass on Pirate.

Ok guys if you have a minute read what happened to me....So it doesn't happen to you. This one is for the good people at KENNESAW MOUNTAIN Acc... My story begins in my quest for a well built rear bumper with a tire carrier in Jan of 2000. I searched the net and talked to some people on this board of who built a good bumper. I would have loved to build my own bumper but with the hours I work and you know times is money and money is time I decided on KENNESAW MOUNTAIN. First mistake. To hopefully get my bumper started faster.. I fedexed a cashier check down to them b/c they would not take credit cards. . I wanted this bumper completed by May for the the GSMTR ride in Tellico. Fair enough I thought...4 months right? Wrong.

I had to call once a week wondering where my bumper was. Finally may 10th. 5 days before the ride it arrives. Mounting brackets were wrong. I my opinion and this is america now...I thought the design was very poor. It cut my departure angle down to barely nothing. I now have the ALLPRO rear and front bumpers and my hat is off to John and Chris. Great design, knowledgeable and all those things that make a great merchant.

Now the plot thickens. It is now may 21st after the Gsmtr ride and I have a boat anchor sitting in my gargage ($400.00 boat anchor.) So to make my self feel better about it and to keep the wife happy I decide to do something with this thing. So very tactifully and professionally I call KENNESAW MOUNTAIN and ask them If I were to pay the shipping back down to them and pay a restocking fee if they would take it back. They said YES. They wanted a 25% restocking fee. $100.00. I thought that was fair and now I had learned a $100.00 lesson.

They told me they would issue a call tag with UPS and they would come and pick it up. Weeks went by and the UPS man never showed...Funny huh? Well here comes the calls again. After they dodged as many calls as they could they said they would issue another call tag. Once again weeks went by. So I brought it to work. Completely wrapped and protected so all they had to do is ship it out to another customer. So I got the whole call tag thing again. So I just shipped it down there my self.

Guess what....? "Check is in the mail!" So I wait a couple weeks and call and ask where my check is. Oh we will send it this friday I promise. Well they promised 2 weeks ago and said they saw the owner write the check!!! WRONG!!!

So finally a week ago my wife calls me at work and tells me that there is a letter from KENNESAW MOUNTAIN!!!! Yes! Isn't it great when a company or a person finally does the RIGHT thing? I tell here to open and tell me how much the check is for b/c I have been let down so many times by this company. She opens it and do you know what was inside?????????????

A SHOP CREDIT FOR A NEW BUMPER!!!! What in the world am I going to do with a $300.00 shop credit to a shop that only builds bumpers....That I would not even put on my enemys truck. After all I had been through with these people. Not yelling and always being professional. I have learned my lesson. And maybe just maybe I have taken one for the team. Don't let yourself get taken to. Keep in mind it is now the end of august. 7 months guys!!

There are alot of vendors out there. Alot of great ones. KENNESAW MOUNTAIN ACC. Is one that I would not recommend to anyone. It is America and that is my 2 cents worth.

See you on the trail!! Rick

------------------ 84 4Runner Vortec 4.3 Locked Fr/Bk 35" swampers on Alcoas, Warn HS9500, All-pro bumpers and nerfs

Here is his home page addy
    http://traildogg.homepage.com/profile.html

I would say DO NOT USE THIS SHOP. Grim you might want to let him know that his workmanship and buisness practices are becoming widley know on the net.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I just don't know what there thinking.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

And that gentlemen is why I Fab all my own sh#t whenever I can, no middlemen, no ups service and no idiots (other than myself)[​IMG]and if its wrong that I darn sure know who to contact to make it correct..<font color=blue>White Knights Offroad..</font color=blue> great place, real slow however..real,real,real slow[​IMG]His work is rough but very functional!!!!

White Knight

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

How is it possible that a business like that is still doing business?

Hey WK, can you send me a catalog? I'd like to order from WK's OR. LOL [​IMG]

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

6. White Knight

I would but to ship such a large catalog would run around $5000 in shipping, please send a cashiers or money....kinda like KMA[​IMG]
    WK

7. White Knight

Do we have a address for KMA so that the collective power of CK5 can descend on him like a hoard of Locusts (Bibical proportions][​IMG]

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Kennesaw Mountain Accessories
    7687 McKay Industrial Drive
    Douglasville, GA 30134
    770-947-0190 ... ask for Kyle
    Fax: 770-947-2743

Enjoy :)
    Glad I ran out of money before I called em, I was planning on it, but thought better. Glad I did! And no, I'm not the same Kyle!!!

Kyle
    89K5

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah I don't know whats up with Kyle. I met the guy. he's as nice as could be. I mentioned the problem Steve was having and how many K5 people are on this thing and he just shrugged. I don't get it...Dep you saw the awsome bumpers he built for Rob (see my site under scarry pics green 72 short bed) and why he sends second rate stuff out is beyond me. He has the ability to do good work. I don't think he understands how fast bad press can spread. Rob knows the guy and I'll foward this to Rob to foward to Kyle. Maybe he will get the hint that bad news on the internet is not what he wants and he needs to make a few people happy to get he credibility back.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

10. Scoobydoo

Scoobydoo 1/2 ton status

Phoenix / Peoria ARIZONA. (75thAve/DeerValley)
    Kyle obviously has very short sighted goals for his KMA company! [​IMG]
    This is one of the reasons many small company's, stay small, or disappear entirely!
    "Customer Service", "Customer Satisfaction", and "Word of mouth, referrals and recommendations" can MAKE or BREAK small companies

11. WELLH2O

WELLH2O Registered Member

What happened ????

I was looking at getting the KMA rear bumper but now I am not sure. I was also wondering where the receiver spare tire carrier is that has been coming soon for a year now. I wanted to get a look at that also. Someone needs to come up with a good design and share it with all.
    WELLH2O

12. White Knight

Re: What happened ????

Latest scoop is I emailed Kyle explained that his company is getting slammed on guite a few sites and that they ought to look into it...His reply was" I'm not aware of any problems....people souldn't make up things..or complain randomly.. and that people with problems should contact him????? " (cut it a tad)
    Sounds to me like they don't care what people think, or that the forums have little affect as negative advertisements [​IMG]

I would think that if he received around 1000 emails or so he'd sing a different note[​IMG]

<font color=blue> White Knight</font color=blue>

13. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

IT LOOKS LIKE THE SEC BUMPERS ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE WOULD MAKE A GREAT BUMPER FOR A BLAZER. IF I GET ENOUGH CASH TOGETHER I WANT TO GET A FRONT AND REAR BUMPER FROM THEM.

DAZED AND CONFUSED IN A 74 BLAZER

ZEPPLIN

14. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

I think th e K5 community should all mail or fax this dude to let him know not to screww with the K5'ers. Maybe Dep can get his cash back?

Just Do It!!

Canuck

ps my fax is going out today!!!

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

15. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Sounds like I need to start building Blazer bumpers since so many people need them. I am glad I built my own and did not order from these people

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Re: Heres where to get a good bumper

I think Fredd of S.E.C., Inc. builds great quality bumpers. I plan to buy one and do a review someday soon. We talked about building a Custom round-tube bumper for my K5. From our conversations, I believe that Fredd does very good work, and you get what you pay for. Now, are you going to spend a little money now for a low quality bumper (KMA), or spend more money up front and get a great bumper(S.E.C.). (I know, I sound like a purolator commercial) I sent Fredd the design I would like for my bumper, he called me back and gave me more ideas on making my design better. Fredd does not believe in building a low quality bumper. Check out this link http://coloradok5.com/vendors/sec.html

Fredd has several K5's and he uses them to test his parts. This way, the bumper you pay for, comes to you and fits the first time.

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

17. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: Heres where to get a good bumper

Has anyone contacted the Better Business Bureau? They have to be a registered business. Might not do any good but then again it could.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com