Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yes another war post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BowtieBlazer, Feb 13, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Lets hear it the democracy of america! I am getting sick and tired as many others of war protestors who use some of the lamest excuses for this war and to blame things on Bush.
    What sent me over the edge is an e-mail I recieved saying what a moron Bush was for going to war with such little respect for human life when he is anti-partial birth abortion. Attached was a link to a CNN article about bush's stand on aborton...okay he is anti abortion much like majority of the other republicans in this nation (he is a republican isn't he)...next was that he is in this war for his own future image and how good he will look despite our economy....again why the F$#$ and how the F$%# would he even have sent so many troops without congress (yes democrats and republicans) voting to support in our move towards removing a very powerful man with very bad intentions from this reign. All I can think of is that more people need to vote and know who they are voting for if they have no respect for our troops and our nation...yes that includes our current president!

My family, your family and our nation as a whole in my opinion is going out to remove a man who is very dangerous to us and many other nations. If we were to sit back now and play good nation who won't take care of business we would be attacked in no time flat. We are blessed and lucky to live in such a nation who is powerful enough and respected enough, and careful enough to be able to go in and help the rest of the world and his country get rid of him and his followers who have no respect for human life (using one man to bomb and terrorize many families---hum...somthing about that isn't right). In the middle of this China is calling on us to go in and help them with North Korea satying they wish we would take a stand and lead the way. Oh yeah did I meantion the think bush made the rest of the world suddenly hate us...were we not already looked down upon by majority of the other nations in the world because most of us don't live in poverty, unlike most of the world. I respect people's rights to protest but damn it pisses me off to hear people pointing fingers towards the top most media covered person of our government, the negotiating symbol of our nation....what about the other two branches of government we elect to vote for our views. Some people might as well walk around with shirts that tell people to go [censored] themselves, with an american flag hung upside down and a picture of many dead babies, spitting on our soldiers,next to a quote that says "I love being free! What a happy place america is to live in!" Somebody give me a prolife shirt, heaven forbid a gun, a american flag and a military uniform! Signing up for the services gets more and more tempting everyday, who is gonna save the rest of us with these looney's running around?GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I respect the right to protest, but leave our soliders who are fighting to allow their children, and our children to see another day without breathing in anthraxed ALONE!! Our democracy of yesterday set us free today and our democracy of today is keeping us free tomorrow. May GOD bless my family, yours and the rest of america!

Flame Away my friends! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Don't worry about those fawkchops. I saw a poll today taken in Germany, France and England. It asked how they viewed America.

Arrogant Superpower
    Germany France England
    69% 71% 51%

Well intentioned, but too impatient
    21% 15% 30%

Champion of Freedom
    10 7% 15%

Well, seems that I know my history pretty well and if it wasn't for the sacrifices of a bunch of brave men back in the day, these fawkchops with strange accents wouldn't be able to even voice their opinion on what they think of us. So far as I'm concerned, they can go suck on a Shutup Lollipop, we'll bring the troops home from there and they can deal with whatever the hell they want to, bunch of ungrateful fawkwads!

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I agree. You do have to admit those Brits are some pretty good allies. At least they got some balls on them even if they do sound kinda funny. I think they remeber what went on back in the 40's.

4. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gifi think once every five years a vote should be taken in all of our allied countrys to see how they feel about the usa if they dont like us then **** em they get no more support including pulling out all of our troops /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. BowtieBlazer

Consulting some wisdom:
    Sure some things are escalated a bit more as each year goes by and more people have ways of communicating how to freak out properly, but how does the anti-war stuff today compare to the gulf war american attitude?

I think the problem with america's economy today is people are with holding money. For fear of something, if people would keep on spending as normal we wouldn't have a whole heck of alot wrong IMO we don't its probably more on foriegn investors and small precentage of american, most people are just riding the train, long term investors. If I had some dough saved, I'd start investing soon while the getting is good....and ride it out...Face it if the sun doesn't come up tomorrow or the sky clouds with nazis dropping in that extra $10 won't be worth much.

6. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

bush is just a product of what went down 50 years ago, americans tend to forget or overlook their history, one of the greatest americans, and a hero for america, was general douglas macarthur, now, i think that eisenhower was great and people remember him, but look who he learned from, he was macarthurs aide, he learned from the master, had a democratic president at that time, namely truman, let mac have his way, i dont think any of this mess today would be happening, that is what happens when politicians interfere in something they havent a clue about, so we then have a vietnam, and a gulf war and terrorists, this is just my thoughts on todays problems, my 3 cents, the politicians should take a lesson from teddy kennedy, just go to sleep and leave the wars to the generals /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I know that 99% of you kids can't wait to go over there and kick some butt and that there is no changing your minds so I won't bother to argue with you about it. Just wanted to get my 2 cents in one more time before all hell breaks loose. I've seen the effects of chemical warfare and it aint pretty. 80% mortality rate in most cases. And not a fun way to go either... Is that what you want to witness our troops going through? Lying on the ground in convulsions and spasms and drooling and slobering till they finally choke to death? Is there honor in that? And if you think our troops are well prepared for this type of warfare, think again. They are NOT! Every one of the 1000 plus types of bio-chemical agents that exsist need a different type of filter and or protective clothing in order to do the job. What are the chances that each of us or our troops will have the exact type of protection needed to do the job when the agents are released?

All I'm asking is are you prepared for the consequenses facing us? Prolly not. I remember when I was a kid and while in school they were teaching us to drop to the floor and get under the tables in case of nuclear attack... LOL! What a joke! Now everyone is out buying duct tape and plastic. Ya right! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif That's even funnier than the nuclear attack exorcises we were run through as kids during the cold war and the Bay Of Pigs. What a bunch of dumb a$$es we were thinking we could hide from fallout or protect our selves by hiding under our desks.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

My take on it is...all theise people who are aganst the US and are living in the US should be kicked out of the country...why should we have people in our own country undermining what we need to do to take care of business...and the dumb asses that went over to iraq to be human shelds...i hope they get blown up right along with sadam...what a joke...they shouldent even be allowed back into the country...traders..but anyway.. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. landsmasher

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    traders

[/ QUOTE ]

As in trading? Trading what?

10. BowtieBlazer

Although a bit unclear in my first statement, let me try and clarify something. I never once said I was all for being poisoned by chemical agents. I merely said I am so strongly supporting my country that I am tempted and definately would take up arms and serve my country if called upon. On one hand I am young, younger than you. On the other hand i have more insight than most that my grandfather has shed on this issue for me indirectly...he was on the second wave into normandy beach with the U.S. Army and survived! He has told me many stories of how grusome and horrible the war was just from what he saw, and how Saving Private Ryan couldn't even capture how it felt being shot at before they even hit the beach. My grand-uncle also aided in the invasion, he drove one of the platoon boats and talked about how they literally had to threaten to kill soldiers to get them off the boats because they would ball up in the back corner of the boats and cry and risk getting the boat sunk by incoming artillary. Before you say he is a unpatriotic murderer, you might understand their are casualties with war, when you take up arms you take them up to defend the country. A crying man, preventing other troops to come in and aid and possibly preventing many others from coming in to aid is basically facing the death penalty anyway. He never killed anyone for those reasons. Back to my point, if my grandfather marched 4 yrs starting in africa and all across western europe....to keep me free, why can't I go in under much more protected circumstances (Bomb and get things under control then send in ground troops) risk my life to keep my future family or your grandkids alive. In a sense I have much less to loose than many of our troops out there now, I am young and unmarried. Compared to people who have a family back here they left to just go out and protect your arse and mine. In some cases mom and dad had to leave a family.....
    Is there not a reason right now you arn't gagging and choking on nerve agents? Its because we are safe here for now and the only way we will stay that way is to keep not world powers but single world dominators from uprising.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Think about it! God Bless America and our troops! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. landsmasher

And all of what you said has what to do with my post? Sorry but I'm unclear as to what you taking up arms is going to do to protect our troops and ourselves from bio-chemical agents being released. Don't you think duct tape and plastic is kind of a silly idea? And if it's such a good idea, what are our troops going to do? Wrap up thier tanks and HumVs in plastic?

12. BowtieBlazer

I have never once talked about duct taping anything....I am not scared right now because we have things under control....arguing with me about what some people have said about duct tape and plastic has nothing to do with my post. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Its pointless to argue with close minded political oriented type. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

13. landsmasher

So I am close minded and you are not? What ever happened to people thinking for themselves? What country is this anyways? So far I've been called close minded, a traitor, a liberal, and a dumb arse for speaking what's on my mind. And when I don't agree with you people I should be thrown out of the country.

By the way... Did I miss something or has congress voted to go to war? Last I remember, congress has to vote on that before it can be done. Our president can't just start wars without some other imput ya know. Although I figure that if and when it comes down to that, congress will vote for it. But it hasn't been done yet that I know of... Maybe I'm just stupid... There, you can add that to the list...

14. landsmasher

All I'm asking is are you prepared for the consequenses facing us?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what my post has to do with your original one... The problem I see is that everyone is jumping at the chance to go kick some butt, and no one is thinking about the consequenses...

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yes, duct tape and plastic sheeting is ludicrous. No, the majority of the American people are not prepared for the horror's of war. I would much rather have this happen now though, than have to deal with them after they have had time to stockpile more and better weapons.

John

16. BowtieBlazer

I don't think anyone is any less prepared than we'll ever be....

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If we dont go to war now..........
    we'll have to deal with
    THIS:
    [​IMG]
    Later

PS. Is everyone under your desk???

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

to keep me free, why can't I go in under much more protected circumstances (Bomb and get things under control then send in ground troops)

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let me give ya a little insight on ground combat and how crazy it can get. I never took fire while I was in, but from the training and experience I'm almost more than qualified to speak about it.

Even in this day and age, ground combat can be just as wild and wooly as back in the day. Running around in the jungle, trying to find someone who could be camoed-out 10 feet away ain't exactly the easiest thing in the world. You could walk right by and never see them. And you're always looking up, down and all around for other crap like booby traps. Ya think the desert is any easier, nope, it's not. After the tanks roll through, the grunts got to sweep the area looking for the same stuff.

Ya know what a soldier's worse fear is? It's actually having to put that chemical protective gear into real world use. There's not a bigger hoot than having to go into MOPP4 in 90 degree heat while the humidity is running about 99%. Try spending 8 hours in the crap. Y'all will have a pool of sweat in the chip cup. Fawking sucks. Let's not even go into decontamination procedures.

Just giving ya a little realism, not knocking you cause serving your country is still an honorable sacrifice.

19. landsmasher

(Bomb and get things under control then send in ground troops)

[/ QUOTE ]
    I'm just wondering something here. Are all the bio-chemical warfare agents that they are supposedly hiding going to be released if we bomb the crap outta the place?

A friend of mine had a good idea. He said that we should fly over the whole place and spray them with pig blood. According to thier religion, they would all have to commit suicide... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Maybe this is a thread hijack....

I have a couple Indian friends, one of them just returned from India.

His feelings are that we need to destroy Iraq. If we strike small and slow, more terrorists will be raised/created by learning "The United States killed your father".

He said "It's a breeding ground." Well, he said a lot more than that, not complimentary of Iraq. His opinion of Muslims is much different than the rest of the world's "Peaceful message of Islam, with Extremists resorting to terrorism". He also said there's a lot going on over there that we're not hearing in the U.S.

On a funny side note, One of the guys we work with told him when he got back, "Dude, WTF? You come back to the U.S. and they raise the terror alert??" I asked him if he thought there'd be an attempt soon, he said, "No, these people are cowards, they would never strike when we're expecting it".