Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yes how about a TBI to 4BB carb swap.......turning back in time....

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by 89K1500Chevy, Feb 9, 2003.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yes so i posted in garage of this but low response so ill try the forum just for us IFS ppl. I have gotten a Engle Racing Cam for free from my uncle and would like to run it but idk if the TBI will work on it and idk the specs on the cam but its in the box still so ill look it up. I can a zz4 intake for cheap along with a 600 carb cheap and if its cheaper to go back in time then ill do it for the Lopidy lope idle and torque........ /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif http://bigboytoys.8k.com and www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

your fine till 230 duration at .050 lift on your TBI. if i were you, i'd keep the TBI. its much more efficient than a carb.

3. 89K1500Chevy

yeah thats what im thinkin and ive been told by chevy dealership it will run the cam fine just put new valve springs in and it should run fine. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

You'll have to modify the ZZ4 manifold to make it fit your TBI heads, but holley makes a TBI-4bbl to adapt the TBI unit to the new manifold.

5. 89K1500Chevy

yeah but i think the cam and headers and high flow cat and new springs and one of those cool lookin K&N top filters would open up the power better cuz now it will run to 70 pretty fast in 2nd gear but after 70 i got nothing needs more get up and go at higher speeds and no its not a race truck but i got to drive at higher speeds on the highways and sometimes i go to the drag strip. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif i mostly do trails and mudding and some hill climbin.