Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

YESTERDAY F'N SUCKED!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4dreamer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

YESTERDAY F\'N SUCKED!!!

I had to put my dog to sleep. Apparently she slipped a disc and was paralyzed from the waist down. Yes, a grown man cried like a big baby last night. I'm gonna miss that mutt. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: YESTERDAY F\'N SUCKED!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif well you did the best thing i would be sad to /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I've been there man, sorry to hear that it happened. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

They are part of the family. Awesome companions, that'll allway be by your side.

It tears me up, knowing you lost a good friend. I'm sorry for that.
    But I think you did the right thing, If a dog can't be a dog - they'd be better off.
    I'd hope someone shows me the same respect when my time comes.

5. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Awww man - I'm sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know exactly how you feel cause I've been there twice... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ... and it don't ever get easier either. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Remember the good times. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sorry you had to go through that its sucks to lose a good dog or any pet /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I thought I was having a bad day with the virus and all but now I look at my dog sleeping comfy like on the floor and everything and feel much better. I'm so sorry for your loss man... I had to do that to my last dog for about the same reason and I feel for ya. I cried that night too... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope you find some comfort tonight knowing that your dog will always be with you in spirit. God Bless...

8. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Isn't that kinda like repeating Of mice and men

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am so sorry for your loss. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. Really.
    I still have my great dane, but he's almost 11 and probably doesn't have too much time left either. It's weird how the house just feels emptier, and I was thinking at work today, "I'll take what's left of my lunch home and give it to the dogs..." and I almost lost it. She was a messed up mutt...I found her on the side of I-40 in Albuquerque rolling in something dead. Somebody had abused her and I wasn't going to give her back. Had her for 9 years and it's a real mother of a bitch trying to get by without her obnoxious a$$. My wife has been super cool about it. She and the dog never got along and even she was crying when we had to do it. I hate feeling like this.

11. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Man, I feel for you...sorry to hear that. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I don't even want to think about that w/ my dog. I know I'll be crying like a little boy, no doubt.

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife has been super cool about it. She and the dog never got along and even she was crying when we had to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's typical... Someone says they don't like the dog or cat or whatever, but how could anyone hate a friggin dog?? They just don't want to admit they like the dog /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, sorry to hear about your buddy... haven't lost my dogs yet, but up until the cat we have now (he's 5 years old) we had no luck with cats, never lasted over a year /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif