Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yesterday was a BIG day...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Jun 29, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Yesterday I broke down and ordered 2" lift EZ-Ride springs, a 4" shackle flip, and a U-bolt kit. I also managed to find a 14BFF in Denver in good condtion with the gears i needed so I went and pick that up too /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif that stuff with my 465/205 combo that will be installed on Tuesday and my 10B 8-lug conversion will make me an officail member of the 3/4-ton club....Now I only need a Dana 60 /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Later

Chris

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

screw the 60, all the cool guys are 3/4 ton. you know you wanna be 3/4, all your friends are doing it. you just won't be cool if you go 1 ton, it's too trendy. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

seriously that rocks you'll be a busy guy, i'm about to do that too. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey i have a dana 60 are you saying im not part of the cool crowd /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    <font color="blue"> Right On Chris! </font color>
    I wish you would have bought my 3/4T 14BFF though..hehe
    Will you have it done for the BB? I'd like to check it out.

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sweet man. Glad to hear you are almost done for now. I am taking baby steps. Me and my buddy got my 14bff loaded the other day so I can have the gears installed and the bearings redone. Also my spring plates and ubolts showed up from ORD the other day. 3/4 ton is on its way./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

You got $$$$ burning your butt too huh? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I wish I had $$$ to burn....I just got done installing the rear lift on my rig and I was scared to dealth at how it looked...The stock 10B with stock springs and 6" blocks /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif So I said "f*** it...i need to be able to drive this thing when I get the tranny in" So I ordered the shackle flip, springs and u-bolt kit...Then I got to looking at the spring pads on my 10B and was questioning their integrity, so I called basically every bone yard in Denver and found the 14bff I needed and with in a period of 4 hours I decided to get the 14bff with in the next few weeks, then that was moved to days then hours and I bugged my rommie to take me down there and pick it up with me...So yeah...you can say my rear end got a major upgrade in oine day /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Hopefully by mid next week I will have the 465/205 in, the shackle flip and springs and the 14bff...I am also taking the plunge and going to disc brakes on the rear so I will have to start getting the parts together for that...

Chris...