Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yesterday's Muddin Pics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polaris, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Yesterday\'s Muddin Pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/52381207LajUju
    Today I get to spend cleaning up after the fun. I broke something on the way home - made it home limping but hey, at least I didn't get stuck somewhere! I think I know what the problem is but can't see much with all the mud. LOL. Good thing I have the day off.
    /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Re: Yesterday\'s Muddin Pics

cool pic's thats the thing I hate about muddin the clean up. What did you break? Hope nothing to bad. The only nice thing about breaking something is you get to upgrde it.

3. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Can't see anything broken. LOL. It's all mud. See, my truck has been handling kinda bad for awhile. It kind of waves back and forth or something. Hard to describe. Anyway on the way home, following my hubby down a straight stretch of county highway, I decided to let him know that my truck is faster than his. I smoked him! Then we slowed and turned onto the road home and I got going and was like, gee, my steering wheel is upside-down but I'm going straight. Oh and something doesn't feel right. And I'm going to go real slow the rest of the way home. I think it's either A: ball joints or B: drag link adjustment sleeves need tightening. No biggie. I have the day off - it's just darn cold outside!!! Will check it out later.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

my steering wheel is off also, but i have no ideal how to look at it?!? any picture tutorial's online or anyone really good at explanitions here?
    My steering's off............ My ka no ton /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I'd check the drag link first, and do you need alignment? Factory wheel? Can ya no ton either which way? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Or is it one way but not the other? I can tell you I tried adjusting my drag link so my steering wheel was centered, but I well, adjusted it too much. I could turn left real good but not right. Figured I was ready for some oval track action /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

huh?? now you sound like youre speeking chineese to me? sorry everyone, but i am as knowledgeless as they come. The alligmnemt is pretty good, dosen't pull too bad, but the front tires are wearing out real bad on the outside. i have to get more soon cause of it and 35's aren't cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

That is ok! We all have to start somewhere and I have a lot to learn yet myself. I was thinking this morning, though, it might be nice to teach teenage girls basic car care. They might learn better from a woman, or be less afraid to sign up for a class. I'm just not sure that I'm a good teacher. I'd rather "do" than talk about what I'm doing. I will take some pictures when my truck is clean of what I'm talking about, but I need to know if your truck has a suspension lift? Did you do it? Otherwise maybe some of these more experienced guys can offer some advice.

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

my pics should tell you everything that i can't /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. but i have a 6 inch lift of some sort and it's an 89

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif happy scrubbing /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

p.s.still no mail yet, anxiously awaiting to see whats the deal /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Dontcha think that mud is a great anti-rust agent??? Please someone say yes. I've been washing for an hour and barely uh.. made a dent in it (no pun intended). I came in for a coffee and some Tylenol. LOL. It generally only takes me an hour for the undercarriage, which IMO is the most important part to get clean. Well, I'll be at this for a long time yet. I'm thinking that the truck washing area behind the house would be a prime garden plot next spring. I wouldn't even need to till! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Thanks for the update regarding the snail mail. Looks like they sent it last Thursday or something, so that might be the delay. How are you and yours??

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

great pics! makes me want to get my blazer out and going everytime i see pics lieke that even more!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ok, just trudging along, getting monotinous ill tell ya. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Can't tell what type of lift from the pics... and I didn't get mine clean til after dark. The inside is still filthy, lol. Mud/dirt everywhere. That will have to wait! I'd just go in and have them check your front suspension and alignment. Too bad you're not in the neighborhood, since my hubby manages a shop!

14. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif