Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another HP post. just looking for opinionis

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BranndonC, Aug 27, 2003.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

OK well i've been looking alot into a high power motor for the K5. But i hardly wheel it where i am now and dont know if my next relocation will have wheeling with in driving distance either. That being said i dont know if i should buy say a 502HP and 502TQ 502 CI motor or just wait till i settle down and get a Chevelle (which i know i am doing anyway) and slap a 502 in that sucker. It seems to make more sence in the K5 since that power can actually be used, but in a DD which my chevelle would be i see no need for gobs of power, sure i'd love it, but i wouldn't use it on the streets very much. To dangerous to other people.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1062043337BranndonC">

Sooooo
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Beef up the K5 with an engine
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Wait for the chevelle and slap a 502 in there
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />spend the money on something else (if so please say what)
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well you might as well put the power into something that's gonna use it right! Are you willing to pay the gas bill for the 502? I know my puny 305 sucks up enough gas and its nearly 200 cubes smaller. If you're not worried about gas then go for it.

3. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Branndon, why dont you just run a nice SBC. With a 502 your going to have to run a new tranny and t-case. Get a much better cooling system and not to mention you wont be smog legal. If I were you i would spend the money on either selectable lockers front and rear, a roll cage, or a good suspension setup.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

all that will come jason, also i dont care too much which engine i get, i'm just wanting around 500 HP and 500 TQ anyway i can get it with out nos

i plan on selectable lockers, maybe a roll cage, but there is one built into the body so i'm not too concerned about that, and definately a suspension. Those are not what i need help deciding what to do with.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I have dreams of a N/A 500HP 350... but I know it wont come cheap seems like it takes some really nice heads and just about everything that cost alot of $$$ to do it and be able to drive on 93

6. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if you would ever get the full use of a 502 with 5.13 gears, 700r4, and NP241. Maybe if you had some 47" tires, but not on 37s. With all that torque and gearing your winkest link would become your neck! You would have to wear a horse collar to keep from having whiplash. Probably could have some sweet burnouts though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no the 241 and the tranny would become quite weak links at that point.