Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another new job for me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So remember about a month ago or more I was gonna go beg my old boss at Little America for my job?

Today I finally went in and talked to her and she just called and told me to go do the drug test tomorrow /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif So yeah... I'm a bellman again... It's only gonna be weekends for the next couple of weeks till Ika gets a job in Ft. Collins, but... yeah... Screw Country Buffet, I'm going back to where I want to be /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

<font color="green"> REPOST </font> /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Isn't Little America like some huge truck stop or something? Do they have a hotel too?

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

thats cool. Now tell me is that a flying panda in your avatar /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

www.littleamerica.com

Umm... back in the late 1800's some dude was caught in a blizzard in the middle of nowhere around southwestern Wyoming. He, for some reason, decided it'd be nice if there was a hotel right there in the middle of nowhere where people could get some food and a bed. A few years later, I don't know when exactly, he opened the first Little America which was a Best Western hotel. It mysteriously burned down shortly after I-80 was built, and no one ever speaks of it (it's not even in the official story)... Then the dude opened Little America under his own company, and it was a gas station/hotel/restaurant, by Green River, Wyoming. Earl Holding was a kid fresh out of high school and worked pumping gas at the gas station. Eventually he worked his way up and became the owner (I want to know his secret /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif). The other guy is dead and no one cares about him, because the man whose ass gets kissed is Earl Holding's.

in the 1960's, Earl had the one in Cheyenne built. At the Christmas party last year I got to hear a story that he thought was funny about how his wife went into labor with his son the day before the hotel was finished. Anyway... Now there's the one here in Cheyenne, the one by Green River, one in Salt Lake City, the Grand America right across the street. That one is really nice... I haven't been in it, but everyone I talk to who has says it's really nice. It was built for the winter olympics and that's where the athletes and stuff stayed...

Mr. Holding also owns the Westgate Hotel in San Diego, Sun Valley ski resort in Idaho, and another ski resort in Utah... I don't remember the name of it though... Also, Sinclair Oil company, ABF freight, and a whole crap load of smaller businesses around Salt Lake City... As well as a few nice cars and three private jets... Last I heard he's worth about $3 Billion /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif So I want to know his secrets, he obviously did something right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So I guess to answer your question, yeah it's a big truck stop with a hotel and golf course... and the nicest hotel in town

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Oh I forgot the Little America in Flagstaff, Arizona /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

AND MEPR IT'S NOT A FLYING PANDA... IT'S A BAAADDDDGGGGEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

See what gettin outta CAP does to you?!!?!?! You badmouth fords and can't tell the difference between a dancing badger and a flying panda /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I also wanted to mention that the bellman who was hired to take my spot is a big 40 year old guy from Germany named Lothar... and he says Ya (ja?) a lot... I think I have a body guard now, that guy could probably kill people with his eyelashes /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I think I've been to the one in Idaho... Neat place. Biggest resteraunt I've ever seen... Good luck with the new (old) job... (yob) LOL! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif