Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yet another problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Mar 25, 2007.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

ok got the cat stripped ran better since it was plugged...got the bad gas out but it lacks power... or better yet studders trying to take off... but runs better once it gets to the higher rpm's actually... it runs great what is it? could it be that the spark plugs are oil fouled from the 1 quart a day oil that got burnt for 5 days straight? or what? please let me know thanks guys

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tho this could obviously be numerous things, I would take a shot at it, but...

your assuming I remember in detail what the situation is... :wink1: :p: :haha:

Maybe a link to that other thread? Should always make it a point to list specs, year, info on whats going on, etc with new threads...

I try to remember that, my probs are all too prevalent in my mind, but other people have their own existence...

enough psychobabble, my apologies.... :o :crazy: :doah: :D

It was a fresh install motor? tbi? throwing codes?

Obviously, reading your plugs is something that should be checked often... takes 2 minutes to pull one... Especially if you suspect they've been hurt...

I just went thru an off-idle stumble... My injectors are pretty hammered.. everything in my tbi is new, but the injectors, I left the originals, knowing I would upgrade em when I stroke the motor.. I also run my truck nearly empty often, thus, if anyone has dirty injectors, it's me.. :doah: :o :haha:

My one injector was hanging up a tad at low rpm's, spray pattern was a tad off, a shock treatment of SeaFoam in the tank cleared it up... for now... Was hoping to hold off and get a nice set of matched injectors for the modded mill, but we'll see.... :doah: :(

Anyway, obviously it could be many things, EGR, flux capacitor, yada, yada... Help us, help you... :wink1:

3. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

yea and you know what i also almost bought a bottle of sea foam when i was at oreilys i see now that a should of just in case :-\