Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another reason NOT to buy a f**d

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Fords Quality control at it's FINEST /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Damn, kinda makes me wish that my greedyass sister would have got one now. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    In another related matter, Roush is allegedly testing Mustangs for structural failure evaluation. BlueOvalNews was told that the rear unibodies were cracked and broken where the control arms mount

[/ QUOTE ]

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Damn, kinda makes me wish that my greedyass sister would have got one now.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I dont get it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif They found a problem and kept it from getting to the public. Whats the big deal. At least Ford still makes a Pony car to sell to the public.

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Leave it to FURD to screw up a good car.

[Hijack]
    Did you see who they got to fix the screw up?

The Cat in the Hat
    [​IMG]

He owns these cars:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Only 4 more days 'til The Daytona 500 .

[\Hijack]

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Leave it to FURD to screw up a good car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not starting anything...but having a machine malfunction on the assembly line is not "Screwing up a good car" IMHO. That is something that does happen. QC should have caught it, but they didn't...Rousch did.

I'm sure problems like this have happened to every manufacturer out there.

I'm with Corey...at least they are still building a pony car.

Rene

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Not starting anything...but having a machine malfunction on the assembly line is not "Screwing up a good car"

[/ QUOTE ]

Not finishing anything... but failing to perform basic quality control inspections on 3000 +/- cars IS screwing up.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

A good reson for ME not to buy a furd is becouse my bitchass sister, and assholieo uncle drive them.

10. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Not letting any of the screwed up cars get to the public, a plus! No consumers were inconvenienced by this issue. Yes, it was a pain for Ford, but what does the consumer care. Now if it had fallen apart while somebody was driving one, that would be bad. Yes, it's not good that the machine on the line was broken and nobody noticed, but again, nobody was hurt by it.
    Wish we still had camaros...

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I think the only reason people find this funny is due to brand loyalty and the fact it happened to the Mustang. The machine malfunction has nothing to do with the design of the car. I guess Quality (control) isn't job #1 anymore huh? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

12. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I guess Quality (control) isn't job #1 anymore huh?

[/ QUOTE ] That was the main reason I posted this /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I used to work at a place that made Paint and chemical cabinets. They were welded with pinch welders but by hand and those were easy to spot if they were not a good weld
    I can't believe that 3000 cars got out before they found it

on a side note I would not want one of the "repaired" cars
    could would imagine how many noises it would have in the cold and when the body has a slight flex. I think it would pop like crazy. If the welds were not on a structual part of the car I would not think must about it but......

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

To be blunt, [censored] happens. The fact that they get these things on the road at all is amazeing.

Figure they build... 10,000 cars a year (for example), divide by 365 days = 27 cars a day.
    Thats 1.17 cars built EVERY hour! An entire car built in an hour, Amazeing when you think about it.
    Personaly, I'm suprized we haven't found some dude under the hood, torqueing down the last bolt, when they roll off the transport.

10,000 cars is a low-ball figure too. The projected sales figures for the H2 is around 20,000 units.
    The 1/2 trucks are up around 100,000 + units a year, thats 11 trucks every hour.

14. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

If I had to make a choice,I would pick one of those repaired Mustangs over any new GM product made.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I am not a ford hater and never will be but this scares me. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad in my mind if everything with ford and the tires wouldn't have happened. It went on for too long. So this kind of adds to it?

Is it safe to replace those welds with rivets? I think they should use a better flagging system for the ones that still need to be repaired then just putting the windshield wipers in a upright position.

Again I do not hate ford nor any vehicle make but this is concerning.

16. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I realize [censored] happens because it happens to me on a regular basis /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif but it is still unbeliveable that it was not found earlier. This being the reason I posted it,it was not a poke towards ford,roush,or anything else. If anything it should be worthy of a darwin award. just think how many days worth of work were wasted becuase of this. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[edit] I do have a question though how will the handle the titles on these things??? Is it true if a car gets damaged before they get loaded/unloaded at the dealership/factory they are required to have salvaged titles?? Just something I have always heard but never new if it was true or not. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif