Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another shackle flip ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Dec 13, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am going 56s but I do not know when they will get here and I do not want to move the flip brackets 1 week after I install them sooooo.

What are some possible problems with putting the flip in the 56" spring position and leaving the 52" springs in until the new springs arrive. This is not a DD and it is up to Roz but I prolly could leave it in his driveway if it is physically impossible to drive or unsafe. I would only be going maybe 3 miles to my house and then back to Roz's when the springs came.

Thanks

Ira

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my guess is the flip would be far enough back that the shackle would move past vertical... not good. Just wait until you have the 56s.

j

3. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

That is what I was thinking. I will prolly have to have the GHAY California lift for a day or two. Atleast we will be able to move it around the yard.

Ira

4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

well just leave it. we will move ure blazers sister over and there will be enough room.

5. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you should've gone with the sky kit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

my setup is 56's, flip in the 52's spot on the CORRECT side and extended shackles. (the drop shackles flipped over) the shackle angle is perfect, and the shackle gives tons of droop. theres more pics in my gallery, the thing will flex alot more but i dont have enough weight the rear end to keep the tires down and dont have extended shocks yet.

[​IMG]

7. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I believe he was asking a question about runnin them the opposite way though. Your brackets are set for 52's and you run 56's which is why your shackle is like it is. He was asking what problems could arise from putting the brackets in the 56 position and running the 52's whick would move the shackle the other way more like | which could cause some issues.

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

That is exactlly what I was asking about and have decided to stay safe and just leave it alone until the rear springs get here.

Ira