Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another tire question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jamber2541, Oct 8, 2006.

1. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

Is anyone running these?
    [​IMG]

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

What terrain? One of the four wheeling mags did a review on them and if I remember right they did pretty good except they didn't hook up all that well in the rocks. I think they also only have a 2 ply sidewall so check them out and compare the sidewall thickness to something like a BFG or MTR to see if they are as thick. If they are not as thick as an MTR or a BFG I would skip them since BFG's and MTR's are known to have somewhat weak sidewalls.

Harley

3. jamber2541

jamber2541 1/2 ton status

I should have gone into more detail but I was being lazy, I was out wheeling today and tore the sidwall on my Pro Comp MT's I am running 35's and my spare is almost gone too. I have used Dick Cepeck MT II's, BFG's and Mud Kings in the past. Out of all the ones I ran in the past I liked the Dick Cepecks the best but they dont sell those anymore ( at least not that style)
    so I am surfing the net trying to find something I different that works and those have a pretty fair price. Now I just needs pro's and con's

4. 02turbogixxer

02turbogixxer Registered Member

I have never tried that tire but I went to that site you are looking at and you have a whole 3 tires to choose from. I can tell you I ordered 4 Dunlop Mud Rovers from www.tirerack.com and I was happy with thier service and the tires. I think I am going to get some Goodyear Wrangler M/Ts from them this year.

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

some of the guys in my 4x4 club were saying that mudkings have a really thin sidewall.