Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another Trans Am, maybe......

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Blaze, Mar 9, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Man, I get all the luck! I took my little bro to a car show today. We were in the swap meet area and my little bro wanted to go into the booth with the die cast cars. I asked the guy if he had any Trans Ams and he said no, but his son has one. As I stood there trying to figure out the relevance, he told me that his son sold the car and the guy never picked it up. He said he wants it out of his yard and I could have it! He wasn't sure of the year, but he described it and it is a 3rd gen Trans Am with the Miami Vice notchback conversion. He said it needs a motor and the interior is shot, but I can't pass up a free car! I'm thinking of a budget street racer for it, what do you think? Man, I can't wait to get it this week! I'll let you know what happens!

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Making the third gen's into a dragger is a pian. Especially if they have t-tops. The cars really like to twist even with subframe connectors and no t-tops. Put t-tops in and forget it. Personally I would drop in a nice tpi small block... 350,383, 400... whatever and make the sucker into a pro touring fade car. If it is a TA then it should already have the W6 and 4 wheel disc depending n the year.

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking I'm going to restore this one. I just talked to the guy and he said it is an 88 Trans Am GTA notchback. If my memory serves me correctly, they only made 628 of those in 1988 and only 1 in 1989. I'm going to pick it up either this week or next week and then tear it down and work on it. This is going to be one sweet ride!

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

you bastard............................/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I'll be picking it up on Thursday. Probably be parting it out. Don't think it is a real notchback and might be too far gone for a resto. Gonna take the cash and buy a 77 El Camino!

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I'll be picking it up on Thursday. Probably be parting it out. Don't think it is a real notchback and might be too far gone for a resto. Gonna take the cash and buy a 77 El Camino!

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

sweet. I almost bought an 81 elky istead of my first blazer. Looking back now, I SHOULD have bought the elky instead. at least the spare parts from the blazer are coming in handy.....