Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yet another Wiring Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bee32, Jun 6, 2003.

1. bee32

bee32 1/2 ton status

Okay, My fuses for the radio and dome light keep blowing out. SkrappyK5 told me to check the Cig Lighter. I found alot of rust at the bottom of it. So I cut and capped(yes an actual cap) the wire to it. Couldn't find another one that day and have been busy triin to get a dailly driver out of another truck I own which is going to the yard today /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.Anyways. That worked for about 3 weeks. Then I was gettin in the truck today to come to work and the same 2 fuses went out AGAIN! I replaced them both and that lasted about 30 seconds before they went out again and I hadn't even done anything.
    I know I am going to have to trace some wires but I was wandering if anyone had had this before and could give me a starting point besides the box. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Try pulling your door jamb switches. They rust sometimes, wires fall off, and hit the body.