Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yet another....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Mar 23, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok...today i did my front brakes with my buddy and his dad and we notice that when we rocked the truck back and forth that the body was lifting off the frame....so i`m guessing bad body mounts???

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Body bolts rusted off maybe? Could be body mounts too??????

3. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

how much does the body mount kit go for? would it be worth putting a 1 inch body lift in? what would need to be done?

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You can be opening a pretty big can of worms, especially living up where you do... Definitely nice to have done and know they're solid tho..

Chances are you have some rust issues with either the mount supports, mounts or the bolts... If all the bolts come undone easy, a 1" bl and new urethane mounts is a relatively easy job. about $200 iirc, check ORD..

But I'm betting your gonna be hacking mount bolts out, etc. making it not so fun.. crawl under the truck and start inspecting that stuff.. 2 at the rad support, 2 under your feet, 2 behind the seats, 2 by the rear wheelwells and 2 at the tailpan..