Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yey another reason i don't feel sorry for some of the auto workers around here...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Dec 21, 2006.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i talked to a friend last night that has a friend that works at Mazda.Mazda is part of Ford.they are non union but have parody in pay and benefits.well Ford builds the mustang at that plant now,so they brought some Ford workers over.i guess these losers are sabataging the cars by spraying cans of Coke and other things inside the cars.not installing wireing harnesses completely and other **** while the car is going down the line?????WTF? she said there is acres of mustangs that need to be gone through before they can take them to the dealer.BUT these same dick heads will be on the news crying about paying there bills when they get layed off.i hope every one of those asshats ends up on the street starving.there are thousands of good people that deserve that job.but they will never get the chance cuz its easier to out source than deal witk POSes like that.:angry1:

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

They should set up hidden cameras and terminate and prosecute the workers they catch doing that crap. And people wonder why cars cost so much nowadays.......:rolleyes: :mad:

3. boggerless

i said the same thing.but if they get caught that way. it a violation of there privacy.:confused: its been that way for years.thats the sad part.the Unions protect idiots like that.i just wish the good workers would have blanket parties.hell you get condemed for having a work ethic.my dad retired out of GM. he was machine repair and when he hired in one went down. so they called him to fix it. he locked it out and shut off the power to start the repair.a few minutes later he was being yelled at by the electrition."thats my job to shut down the power"..and pops got wrote up for it.:rolleyes: so after that he would just sit and wait for someone else to get there so he could fix the machine.hours wasted.i guess now all these guys will find out what it is like to have a job where you really have to do it to get paid.i say screw em.

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

unions suck... period... or anything union-like.. I'm sure unions guys will be offended by that, but I can work circles around every one I've ever met...$25 an hr coffee drinkers usually..

Nobody wants to work.. Got a new kid at work like that, fresh out of trade school.. "Oh, I'm not gonna do that!" blah, blah, blah.... :mad:

I have to laugh that a 40 something dinosaur like me dogs some 20 yr olds.. I should really see about trading in about 25% of my work ethic for some greed and caniving... :doah: :deal:

man, I shoulda been born 100 yrs ago or something... :crazy: :haha:

Ryoken - shrank a 45' and 55'er today, while the 25 yr old did a 27'....

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Very narrow minded statment. Ive been in the local carpenters union for a year and a half now and seen a full spectrum of workers. Union or non union if someone doesnt want to work they wont.

The guys in my company are some of the hardest working you will find. Yes there are plenty that are lazy mother fers but they tend to sit the bench. Ive seen pletny of them non union though too...

6. boggerless

i hear ya. some of the young guys can't hang at all.:haha: too much time sitting and playing video games.when my 41 year old ass works em under the table in the first hour ,i laugh myass off.PUNK:laugh: :laugh: we go through 20 before we find one with a back bone.my friend DAN. who used to own the company that ABC bought. used to tell me he would laugh his ass off watching me RUN from one customer to the next.now we have to cattle prob there asses to get them to just stand.:rolleyes: we are doomed people.

7. boggerless

its just what we have seen over 20+ years.i never said all union workers suck.but i can't say who i realy want to blame or i'll get kicked off of here.they took waaaaaay to much advantage of the Union.

8. ryoken

It's my opinion based on 25 yrs in the workforce and who I've met.. I'm damn sure some union guys bust a$$, but I've seen nothing but the stereotype I described...

And the premise of unions in this day and age isn't something I believe in.. Sure, invaluable and a definite nescesity at one point in history.. But in this day and age, I feel they are more harmful, than helpful...

9. ryoken

Amen... I can't tell ya how many times I've said that...

Today was a prime example.. Oner day left till our x-mas timeoff, boats to haul and shrink, and these young jokers are off hiding behind buildings killing time till the end of the day..

Me? I'm worried because it's 2 already and we still have 6 boats to haul! WTF is my prob?!? :haha:

10. boggerless

they are the reason we will have no jobs worth a **** in the future.all the credit card companies gave all there customer service rep jobs to India.GM is heading to China.Chrysler is half German owned,and Ford just put up the whole company,including the rights to the F-150.(there bread and butter) on the hopes the loan will save them.and the whole lease car bandade is biting them in the ass now.Globalization is gonna be our downfall.there is only so much sugar to sprikle on a POS.but it still tastes like ****.

11. boggerless

because you care.even if you really don't you care.you know what i mean..:laugh:

12. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

When I was doing prototype builds at the Cadillac plant in Hamtramick, the guys there used to tell me stories how they strung up a piece of string with a washer on it inside 2 body panels that get welded together, where you can never get back inside it, causing a intermittent rattle.
    Nice.
    For the most part though, alot of those guys work really hard. But there's alot of lazy losers too. I have more stories than I care to write about working with union guys.

13. boggerless

i heard about putting bottle caps in the door for "that rattle" that can never be found.and here we are losing the auto industry. gee wiz:thinking:

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I can totally believe that kind of stuff goes on, but I don't think that would happen at a Toyota or Honda plant............

15. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've read Mr.Honda was pretty hard on his people, I think he ruled by fear... I don't think it was a union shop... :haha: :haha:

16. boggerless

its Mazda and the people there suck sometimes also.when they opened that plant the girl i was with,s brother got in.and the guy i worked with,his ex wife was in.both were out on workmans comp after they got there 90 days in.i'm tellin ya Corey. that bad feeling you had is comming.we are heading over there and the ricers (if you want) are taking over here.that plant has been open since the 80s.:laugh: the Japanese play along,but the Chinese wont.

17. boggerless

thats what the dumbasses here need.a board over the head.do your ****ing job without someone waiting to see if you need someone to cover your uslessass.

18. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

im union but im a diesel mechanic for the biggest concrete pumping company in las vegas... we're treated very well, im living better now than i ever have before, and everyone at my company works their asses off... i was always skeptical about joining the union because i work hard for a living and take pride in that. i didnt want my name associated with the **** people that are stereotypical of unions. but i found a good shop, where everyone is happy because they're treated well, and everyone works the way i do, and i have no intention of leaving. say what you want about unions i dont care, i work for Merli Concrete Pumping not the operating engineers union. i could give a **** less about picket lines, voting the way they want you to, not shopping at certain stores, etc....

19. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

People like that piss me off. Had a fellow employee from another branch in our company tell me the other day he wishes that we would have a union because he hates missing his lunch during harvest or spring. I plain told him to his face...if you take lunch you have to clock out, if you work through it you paid, so your pretty much winning either way man. Then he goes off about we should get paid lunchs too, thank god my foam tank filled just as he said that so I could head to the field.

Thing that rips me alot though is one guy I work with is constantly riding my ass cuz I dont run everywhere when we are workin on somethin in the shop, but hes sure to stay somethin the minute im going over 10 mph on the fourwheelers anywhere

Hes another one of those Ive been in this business since I was your age I know everything you know nothing do everything I say and dont bother to ask any questions cuz i dont have time to tell you the answers we are to busy:mad:

And if the son of a bitch tells me my trucks are a waste of money and I should sell them all and buy a nice small truck one more time im prolly...well i prolly wont do anything just be really pissed off and work away while eagerly awaiting the day I finally quit and move back home ... rant off

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  20. boggerless

rants are good for your health.:D tell him when a immigrant gets his job for a 1/4 of what he is getting paid to ask for a union.then tell him why.....