Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yikers, sun burn!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jul 21, 2002.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn, I was out in my driveway trimming my fenders back for the 39.5s, and I got cooked! My back/shoulders are not quite lobster-like... but definitely burned. All that effort and I'm still not done. Still have to do the front side of the drivers rear wheel well, and the f/r of the passanger rear wheel well. Guess that'll happen this coming friday! The front on both sides is done... and pics will be posted on my webshots when the whole job is done...

J

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what took you so long to do yours? i did all 4 of mine in about 1 hour /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif oh i forgot to mention i used a plasma cutter to do mine /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. jekbrown

a couple of things. a) my inexperience with the sawzall and grinder, b) my interest in doing it right and not screwing up, c) the friggin heat in my driveway made me take lots of breaks. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Add in the fact that I really didnt know how much I wanted to trim when I started and you have a long process. I dont have my big new tires mounted so I can't really test to see what trimming works or where its needed. I am pretty much going to hack it back as much as I can and still have it look ok (no pcorsmit action here, lol) and then try the tires later.

J

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

heh damn man we are still pretty much on the same pace, i just got my front fenders done on saturday, i know what you mean by not knowing how much to cut heh and on the front of the fenders i think i cut a lil too much, i wish i didnt cut an angle on the front of the fenders i wish i just went 5 inchs under the turn signal on the side of the truck and just cut straight across but oh well too late now heh, whats next on your list of jobs to get done?

5. jekbrown

good grief, next on the list... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif well, removing the hardtop and tailgate is next. Need to make my door pins removable so I can put my tube doors on. After thats done, I will install my Smitty roll bar and my passanger seat. Need to finish the fender trim to. I couldnt do it on sunday, was sun burned to bad... and I had to go home to do school stuff anyway. Also slated for this week, mounting my 39.5s on the Eatons... dropping off the gears with my axle guy... hooking up my turn signals... and oh yeah, I have to pick up the ff14b in Bend too. doh! TONS to do! Lots more stuff to do btwn now and BB.. this will REALLY kick in to high gear after August 1... I am working or in class from 8am to 5pm four days a week, and have homework to do when I do finally get home. doh! Thankfully, class ends on august 1... so from noon to when-ever-i-get-tired will be the schedule from Aug 1 o Aug 21 (when I leave for BB02!). 3 weeks of madness, capped off with the coolest Blazer/Jimmy 'wheelin event ever. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

J