Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yippee!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84k5, Jun 7, 2000.

1. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am going to 4wheel parts on saterday to get that lift kit my dads been promising me. I can't wait! I know you don't care, but I am excited!

Brian

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

man your are lucky my dad dos not want me to do any thing to my blazer but that has not stoped me yet but I still have not got it lifted yet. have fun with it

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

How old are you?Good to see you starting young.I have 2 boys 7and 4 and have got them into trucks and wheeling.They love the Blazer.Brady

4. swampers83

swampers83 Registered Member

I too am a young'in. 16 going on 17 and have taught myself all that i know cause my parents think big 4x4's involve too much time and money. i think it would be really nice to have another member in the family share the same interest but i guess i will have to wait till i have kids of my own.

chevy-like a rock

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'm 15 and have had my bros blazer for one year now. He lives in SF and he doesnt want to hassle with it, so he bought a...gag...H*nda Civic[​IMG], and GAVE me the blazer[​IMG]. I am ashamed that I have a brother with a rice burner[​IMG] least he gave me the blazer![​IMG] You're never too young for a K-5!

http://www.blazer.coloradok5.com is now under construction[​IMG]

6. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey 84 we do care, especially when the guys are young I like to see youngnsters spend their time in stuff like this instead of spending time on the streets, I'm not that old myself I'm 25 but I've seen so many young kids get in so much trouble for messing around, my cousin is 16 and has gotten himself in some deep @#$#, I try to talk to him to make him stop but he just wont listen, I wish I had money to buy him a K5 so he can spend his time on it like you guys not out on the streets, anyway enough of my problems, welcome to the site 84 and any questions all you gotta do is ask.

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com

7. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

who in their right mind would give away a K5 and buy a rice burner?!? Still, you win! Can't beat that price....
    I'm a college student and am using student loans to beef up my K5, three times a year i'll get a load of $$ and 90% of it will go into my jimmy (should save a little for my girlfriend!)
    HAYDUKE

8. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Depends on the riceburner[​IMG] There is only one................... Supra TT

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

That's what I said, but then I decided to keep my mouth shut so he wouldn't have any second thoughts on keeping the K5![​IMG] Plus he wasn't "into" K5's, because when I got I ran like a dead horse, but I fixed it up and it runs good now!

YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

10. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Stick with trucks or any hobby that will keep you off the streets. I know many people that have gotten themselves in alot of trouble with there addictions. Im only 18 but I've seen and heard plenty of stuff. Tell your parents would you rather have me shooting up or wrenching in the driveway. Then they'll consider four wheelin a bit more.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

11. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Damn if it was running like a dead horse, if was in bad shape, good thing is you got it running good, later man.

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I just turned 16 in April. Lucky for me, my dad loves the Blazer (more than his explorer) and likes to spend money and time on it. I agree with all of you about having a hobby to stay out of trouble. I do crosscountry and track so I stay busy. Don't worry, I will have plenty of questions to post...

Brian

13. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

I am 20, and have been into cars and truck since I was a baby. I turned 16 and my parents bought me a 66 Nova (I wanted one since I was 10) that was a $600 car that needed LOTS of work from tires to a completely rbuilt front suspension. I ended up working and spending every penny on my car which kept me out of trouble, I have no idea what I would be doing if I hadn't had a car to spend all of my time on. I apreciate my parents doing this for me and I realize that the car was a pain in the but at times (stanes on the carpet, arguments in the front yard, and countless hours wrenching in the drive way) but those bad times have also brought us good times (I have become very good frends with my father infact I spend my weekends with him., This car has kept me and my mother from being killed!, and I have made countless frends because of this hobby) which I am very thankful for. We now go to car shows as a famly which I enjoy very much. Any of you that have teenage sons or daughters mught want to think about doing this for your kids because I know it has changed my life greatly.
    Curtis

14. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I am 17 and got my blazer in oct 99 and cant stop spending money on it but it keeps me out of troubel

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

15. 76 jimmy Az

76 jimmy Az Registered Member

HEy i am 17 parents gave me the jimmy they got it when they were married and i have been slowing adding to it and upgrading it. True all my money goes into it but i luv it

16. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

That's cool man. I'm 18, bought my '87 Jimmy last July and had it since. I have put tons of money into it and I still haven't got the body fixed. Thank your dad greatly. My mom bought mine too, but honestly I don't know why. About a week before I bought it, she said, "When we go to OKC next weekend we can go and buy your lift and tires." My jaw dropped and all I could do was respond to YES!! The only bad thing is, 4 Wheelparts Wholesalers have a tendency to be priced so much higher. I'm kind of pissed, because we spent $1,540 on a Pro Comp 6" lift, brake lines, and 35-15.50-15 Super Swamper SX's. They mounted the tires on my 589's for free, but still the price was really high. I bought 6 shocks for the quad front and I know that didn't add but maybe $60 to the bill. When I got home, I e-mailed National Tire and Wheel to see the price difference. They said for shipping and everything it would be about $1,200. Smoke started flowing out of my head. Oh well. I got a chance coming up to get an 8" lift and 38" Swampers for $500. Good luck.

Alex
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!![​IMG]

17. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Man, I wish I could do that, just go out and buy a lift and a set of tires. But I have a limited budget(read: no money) to spend on my blazer. I can get $.36/lb for aluminium cans, though

YEEEE HAWWWW[​IMG]

18. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You say you added 6 shocks for $60? Check your bill. I think you'll find it was more like $260. Then figure in shipping from the other place. You can also figure well over $100 to ship 4 mongo tires with wheels and the lift kit. Maybe you didn't do so bad after all... [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com