Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yippie, I can post here again, need y'alls advice

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by Bullet, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yippie, I can post here again, need y\'alls advice

OK, my dad is probably going to put some pop knots on my head for asking y'all this, but we are considering what we are going to do with our Jimmy...

In case if you haven't seen the pics here they are of what the Jimmy looks like currently:
    [​IMG]

I now have a new truck to drive, a '01 Chevy V6 5 speed. I see that I have three choices that I would consider...

1. Fix it back to exactly how it was post collision and keep it as a toy for the weekend and worry about keeping the pretty thing from being scratched.

2. Swap a truck cab on it, interior cage, flat bed, keep the Jimmy's '90 front end and Big J bumper, OBA, 40-42" IROKs

3. Strip & Scrap it, or Sell it whole and use the money I get a badass turbo'd jetski and make that my new hobby.

Nothing is serious here, for all I know, my Dad will want to straighten all the sheetmetal and keep it. Just like to see what y'all think.

I'm all /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Re: Yippie, I can post here again, need y\'alls advice

Just make it a trail rig....waaayyyy more fun... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Part it out and ship that 383 to me! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif For that matter, I'll come pick it up! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Bullet, Harry, I only have one thing to say /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Why not wheel the piss out of it as is and not worry about the body damage. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Uh oh! Looks like you're busted!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Because the exact reason why you are going truggy. The body will fall apart. So I want to go truggy and not worry about so many body panels seperating /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Bullet, Harry, I only have one thing to say /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it will be hard to fix the Jimmy without the axles, suspension,tires, wheels and the engine, at least those are mine! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif