Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yo,TJ!(OR ANYONE ELSE)NEED D/S HELP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Dec 22, 2004.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I PUT THE 465/205 IN OVER THE WEEKEND.ONE DAY JOB.HAD TO DRIVE HOME FROM TRAVERSE CITY IN 4HI(FRONT WHEEL DRIVE)MADE FOR A LONG TRIP.ANYWHO...I NEED A REAR DRIVESHAFT(67in.INSTALLED LENGTH)DO YOU HAVE THE NAME OF THE PERSON/PLACE THAT RE TUBES D/S'S?BALANCES?YOU TOLD ME ONCE BUT IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE I'VE BEEN ON-LINE.I'VE BEEN QUOTED $135-375 FOR NEW/RETUBED W/ U-JOINTS INSTALLED.MY POCKETS AIN'T THAT FAT.SALVAGE YARDS(3 IN IONIA CTY,8 IN MONTCALM CTY.)DON'T HAVE ANY.ONE GUY TOLD ME '76 3/4t. 4spd. USED A 2pc. D/S W/ A CARRIER BERRING.BUT,OF COURSE,NOBODY HAS ANYTHING.I WAS HOPING MAYBE YOU COULD HELP ME THROUGH THIS PROB.ON THE CHEAP.I HAVE A 4in. TUBE SHAFT TO BE LENGTHENED.I COULD PROBABLY PULL $100 OUTTA MY A$$ SOMEHOW TO GET THIS DONE.BUT THAT'S ABOUT ALL TIL AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR.CHRISTMAS W/ 6 KIDS SUCKS WHEN IT'S TIME TO BUILD TRUCKS!LOL!I'LL CHECK THE POST TOMORROW.THANKS IN ADVANCE,MAN! -JONES-

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

precision tool and machine (989)291-3365 will retube it

i can't find in the phone book who balances them, but i know where they are at. they are on fairplains near the RR tracks in greenville on the north side of the road in a brown building. im going by there today and ill see if they still do it and how much :waytogo:

all you need is a driveshaft with the size yokes you need, and a good slipyoke and they can make it any length you need.

i have heard that a driveshaft can be too long, thus why GM put a carrier bearing in the long bed trucks with the sm465/np205

glad you got it done in one day :thumb:

my plans changed so i couldn't get to greenville. ill ask a buddy if he know the number for them.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lemme know if you have no luck finding a shaft and what length form where to where exactly and ill check my driveshaft stash piles

good luck

4. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help,TJ.i'll call yet this morning.WRENCHTURNER:67in. center-center installed length.probably should have some play in it.let me know what ya got.thanks again guys!