Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!?!?!?!?!?!yo What Up Midwest!?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Sep 17, 2006.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

What's everyone up too?

My s-10 ZR2 blazer needs a little work.
    The big silver blazer -project wasn't me - is getting new seat mounts and exhaust work finished before winter (maybe some steering upgrades)
    Then the project truck needs some attention, need to finish the frame mods, swap the body over, some engine work then start the interior stuff. I need a solid week to work on stuff, I just can't get anything done on the weekends.

Whats everyone else up too?

J

2. TeK

TeK 1/2 ton status

well the '79 is either getting linked front and rear or just rear only w/ leafs up front. Also, it'll be getting an EXO at the time and some new steering and braking parts.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Just built this last week, started sunday finished thursday and left friday for silver lake. It has everything from my old pickup minus the motor, that was the only piece of the drivetrain i did not swap. The 10" less wheelbase makes a big difference, along with fuel injection. Still needs a cage built, sliders are in the garage, winch is on the workbench, and since i am going to be driving it on the street alot more it needs 5.29's. Needless to say 4.10's, a tired 22re and 38.5" boggers dont get alont to well.

[​IMG]

4. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

It's not going to get any better, wife, kids, work I remember at Ball State saying all the time "cant wait until I get done so I can do what ever when ever", Yeah right, I can just about get my mowing done.

Getting snowmoblies ready for the 1 or 2 snows we get these days.

Looking forward to the Jamboree.

Gonna get out a couple more times before the weather turns super cold.

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Im working overtime on the truck/blazer to get it ready for badlands this weekend. Im gonna go with the owner of Attitude Performance, some of the employees, and a few of their customers. I just got cage finished and I got a whole bunch of other things to work on before it can go, not to mention change engine/diff fluid and get hitch installed on tow vehicle.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

full chassis build for the 92. SAS with a Chevy D44 and a 14FF, probably end up with about 10" of lift running 36s or 37s. then in the spring swap the body and engine to the new chassis (as its on a 2wd chassis now, building on a 4x4 chassis)

working on swapping the spare motor into the K20 for now. damn rust killed the bolts on the exhaust manifolds, and i cant get them out. so my only other option was to swap the 305 into it so i can push snow with it if need be. the manifolds are cracked and the exhaust is completely rusted off, so installing headers and new duals is a must.

if i get the chassis for the 92 done, i may start on the new motor for the 77. going to go with a 383 backed by a 400/205.

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

S10 Blazer is gonna get a front and rear tube bumper sometime soon, afraid of hitting a deer with the front and the rear always got hung up in drifts last winter

K10 is sittin at Kert shop awaiting for my motor to get done then we are gonna tear into it.

C20 having some brake issues but its put away for the winter now

8. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

My rig is now sitting on its new YJ front springs, after the carnage from the last two trips (and the last several years actually). I upgraded to BDS full military wrap boingers. Next is to weld in the new shackle mounts for them, and build a new driveshaft. The new springs are a bit shorther and give me a bit more wheelbase, so the front DS is too short, and was whooped anyway. Then she's ready for action again.:D

My son's quad is running now after a top end rebuild. Next is a full rebuild of mine. Always something......

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

got a bug up my ass on Wednesday and decided to give the manifold bolts one more go before i yanked the motor. ended up getting them all out thanks to the help of my trusty air hammer. headers are on, most of the motor is back together, just need to finish it up in the next couple of days.

and due to some things i saw i've got the ok to retire it next year, providing i find a suitable replacement... so i get to go shopping for a solid 454 powered K30. :D