Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Yoke on a 14 bolt?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Jan 27, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Now, since I'm buying a 14 bolt........can I just have our local driveline shop put 14 bolt style u-joints on the shaft so I can use it on the 14 bolt? I have seen in several occasions you guys talking about putting a yoke in a 14 bolt that can use the u-joints from a 10 bolt. Wouldn't it just be easier to have something put on the shaft rather than mess with the yoke?

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, you can use what they call the hybrid joint. Its say, in your case, a 1350 series on half and 1310 on the other half. I have never personally used or tried one of these. I hear they work and then I hear they dont work. See what everybody else says on the post later.

3. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

If your going through the trouble with upgrading the axle to a 14 bolt to get beef, then you might as well complete the job right and upgrade the yoke on teh back ot the tcase to 1350. Then there's no weak link to the tcase. Make sense?
    I did the same. What tcase do you have cause I have both a 203 and 205 with the 1350 yoke on em. lemme know, I'll part with the yoke on the 203 for as little as $30

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have a 208 t-case. I can upgrade both ends of the shaft to work.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

The rear output yoke (1350) for my 205 was something like $60 new. Worth it, I think. Then, of course, $300 for a beefy 3.5" 1350 HD driveshaft.
    What did I ever spend my money on before I bought my truck?
    -- Mike