Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

yokohama geolander m/t's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by punchdrunk, Nov 13, 2001.

1. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Registered Member

yokohama geolander m/t\'s

has anyone ran geolander m/t's,americas tire has them in 315/75R16 for $158,the major drawback to me is their directional.what do you guys think?I think I'm going with bfg's but their $50 a tire more
    Doug

Work is for people who can't fish!<font color=blue>

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: yokohama geolander m/t\'s

My friend just had a set put on his dodge, and these are what I plan to run on the Cherokee when I get around to lifting it. they are a sweet looking tire.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I would go BFG, if not because they flat out rock, do it because I have seen a couple Geolanders now that have had side wall problems. Not sure which line they were..AT, MT, ???. Both looked like they had belts break in the sidewalls and both were off onroad vehicle. One was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Each side had about a dozen or so huge bulges about the size of my fist coming out the side wall. The tire almost looked like a tractor tire! Overall it really surprised me cause I had heard geat th8ings about them.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Weird cus the BFG's I had on my Jimmy and the ones my friend had on his 87 K10 were buaght from the same place and both came with f'd up sidewalls, we both had bulges in our sidewalls, brand new no miles. he ended up ordering in 2 more pair to get atleast 4 good desent tires. I'm not knocking BFG I loved mine, they could really throw some roost. But for the price and looks of the Geo's I would get those for my Cherokee( my version of a mall running poser)

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

WOW! That is the first problem I think I have heard of w/ the BFG's despite all the use of them. That sounds alot like a bad batch if you got them from the same place... same time. This brings up a excellent point about you never know ... I know the Geolanders I have seen are from different spots and different lines. One was an MT... you could see one spot on each side that was bulging out. The whacked tire was off a Mitsubishi Montero. I'm thinking it was a AT, but not sure.

We almost put the Geo's on a buddy's 4runner, but decided to forget it after the problems I have seen. Went w/ the Kelly AWR's which I still think is the best AT style tire I have used for overall street/winter/minor offroading.

Now if your rig was a real mall running poser, you'd have a set of thornbirds on there [​IMG] LOL

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

6. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Buddy had them on his Jeep, 33s. They were real nice tires. Wore out kind of fast. When he replaced them, he got radial Swampers. So, that tells you seomthing. No replacement for the good ole Swamper!

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

7. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

A friend ran these on his F150. They wore really fast and would not hold a balance. The truck would hop all over the place after 1,000 miles. He finally got fed up and took them back. The place gave him a full refund for a set of BFGs. Apparently they had a number of other customers who were unhappy with them. This is my only experience with them though. I have about 15 years experience with the BFG and NEVER had a problem with them.

8. punchdrunk

punchdrunk Registered Member

well,for the extra $200 I'm going with the proven.BFG
    you guy's are great thanks for the info,Doug

Work is for people who can't fish!<font color=blue>

9. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

I am puttin Swampers on my truck when my tires wear out.

88 Chevy K1500, 350 TBI, TH700R4, 3" body lift, 33x12.50x15 Tires

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

they placed last in a nine tire mud bog shoot out in the 35" size

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

11. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

where was this tire shoot out you saw. would be curious to see the results.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>