Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York A/C Compressor with V Pulley

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Depdog, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Looking for the biggest (long stroke) York compressor, a good one with a v pulley and good clutch.

Depdog /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

how much are you lookin to spend...i have a 210 model alum case with the v-belt and the clutch works...its very clean and i got it from a volvo wrecking yard...and i decided not to use it and use my stock A/C pump instead and add a oiler to the intake hose

3. Depdog

Do you know if this is the small, medium, or large one? I have an in line oiler and have killed 3 harrisons so far. What do you want for it and how much would the shipping be?

Thanks
    Depdog

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Re: York A/C Compressor with V Pulley *DELETED*

Post deleted by Chaz88K5

5. Depdog

Whoe, nah you better keep it, I can get em from the yard here for about 20, just gotta give em a few weeks and check again.

Thanks anyway
    Depdog

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Depdog...i believe i might be able to help you out...working at the freightliner dealership i kinda keep a few of these hidin away..i believe they are 10 cfm units...would have to be to cool the interior of a semi with a sleeper. Have several double groove clutch assm's sittin around also...they all ohm at 3.5 ohms...spec for that model...actually ftl doesn't require replacement till 10 ohms...have a few compressors sittin on a shelf next to the toolbox...they all need bottom cover gaskets...cheap to replace...anyways ....you pay to ship i'll hook you up.

Azblazer

7. Depdog

Where can I get a bottom cover gasket, or can I make one with the old ball peen an gasket material? How much on the shipping from you to me. My zip is 30281.

Thanks
    Depdog

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ya have two that you could spare Doug? I'd be interested in one and I can pick it up from Dep next time I see him and split the shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Depdog...Grimy...been a lil busy...attended a concealed carry class this weekend...and my father in law was in town for a visit...

Let me delve into my personal stash tomorrow..got plenty of clutchs...i'll see how many compressors i have...then i'll find that web site where they have the PDF file and the seals for the bottom of the crank shaft...if i only have one i'll make a call to the Phoenix freightliner dealership and have a couple brought up either to Denver the first week of november....or around thanxgiving...but either way i'll get you two hooked up....

Azblazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

DOUG!! There you be!! it's Treeman...long time no speak. You digging Colorado? We gots a 4WD bash coming this weekend you would LOVE!! EMMETTOLOGY and JK5 are gonna be there in your place at Webb road.

11. Grim-Reaper

You the man! Let me know if there is anything I can help you out with.

12. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Ed...where have you been hiding? I'm a dad as of the 23rd of last month man! 8lbs...5.4 ounces 21inches..Camryn. Colorado is really cool....just haven't had the time to enjoy it.

Grimy...got 4 compressors....will bring everything home tomorrow..had a late fight with a discovery motorhome tonight at the shop...exhaust brake won't work...narrowed it down to a fried diode...just gotta scatter the harness to find the darn thing...email me your addy and zip...i'll weight them on the bathroom scale and find the cheapestway to send a couple your way for dep and yourself....still gotta find that web site for the seals...allthough i would imagine they could be had throught NAPA...don't worry i'll get it nailed down this week.

Azblazer

13. Depdog

I think the parts can also be ordered from the www.onboardair.com web site. Congrats on the rug rat, there aint nothing like them. That was a big baby too. Whoee is mom o.k.?

Cheapest way to ship is FedEx Ground. I have been checking all of them. Wife is outa work and selling stuff on ebay. FedEx ground rocks. Saturday is even a normal delivery day for them. Tell Grim what you want for them and he and I will work it out.

Thanks
    Depdog

14. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Doug,
    I'll take one if you have any extra.
    Thanks
    Mark

15. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

21 INCHES!!! I was 24" when born and ended up 6'4"! Thats gonna be a tall sweetie! My Sarah is off the top of the growth charts and won't be 8 until Halloween. Colorado sounds cool. You up in the mountains or a flat-lander? Still catching plenty A.C. work?

16. Grim-Reaper

Go Dirrectly to UPS or FEDX. The places like Mail Box ect and such you find in strip malls will nail you to the wall for their processing fee's. Waxer sent me some heavy Parts. The Shipping was near $100. I checked if it was taken dirrectly to UPS it Would have been just under $60. Them little places in the mall are a big rip off! $40 to fill out two tags and print a shipping lable that took all of 10 minutes work. I'm in the wrong buisness.
    If the Compressors together are under 50lb then they could ship in one box and that will also cut the shipping costs. If they are too heavy for one box then might as well send one straight to me because the shipping will be the same wether both boxes go too one location or two.
    Let us know the shipping and I'll meet up with Dep to pick it up. I can mail you a check or Dep to cover my half of the shipping. What ever is easiest.
    Thanks man! I owe you one!

17. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Benn there done that...i take my stuff direct to Fed Ex...learned a little lesson with chalet parts...hehehe.

Long day...just got home...had to build a Detroit Series 60 tonight...pistons...liners...head...whooped!

Brought home 4 compressors...2 clutches...1 v belt...1 serp belt. Won't have the time for a couple of weeks...leavin for SLC UT sunday for an all week Motor Home Class....then the following week its up the hill to denver for a 2.5 day course...gotta let the dust settle...

Called on the seal kits...Truck Parts in Denver...gasket set $8...front seal for the model 210 $10....cheap.

MARK...not practical to ship one to you bud...Dave Olvey...106th Ave...and Thomas...works in the Body Shop at my old dealership...currently building a 82 K5 from the ground up...azstomper@aol.com....tell him i said to hook ya up!
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Azblazer

18. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

AZBLAZER: Where is your class at?

19. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Doug
    Thanks, hang in there with all that training - and baby stuff!
    Mark

20. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Muley...i'll be staying at the Crystal Inn...2254West City Center Court...West Valley City Utah 84119. Classes are held at the "Wastach Training Center"...there will be a shuttle bus from the hotel to the training center...so i have no clue where its at. Looks like its off of 134 and W 2100 S.

Azblazer