Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York a/c question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hardcore, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Went to the junkyard and picked up (2) 10 ci Yorks for the lovely price of $50 /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif along with a pile of brackets to maybe piece something together to mount it.
    I looked at OBA's website and there stuff is nice but man is it expensive. So...

1) Does anyone know where to get a serpentine pulley/clutch for cheap or is the $110 a reasonable price from OBA?

2) Did anyone mount there York in the place of the smog pump? Mine is a 1990 350 and it's federal emissions so there was no smog pump on it but it has some of the mounting brackets.

Thanks in advance

Corey /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> A factory serpentine setup for the York is real hard to find, it's much easier to get it from OBA. My york is in the factory smog pump location, but it uses a completely custom bracket. </font>

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

$110.00 for the serpentine pulley/clutch assembly is reasonably priced. I work in a machine shop with a parts store attached and even my price from the store was about the same as Kilby enterprises.

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Good info on the clutch guys.

Shaggy, you wouldn't happen to have pictures, or better yet, drawings of your setup /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Corey /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The drawings of the mount were lost when my hard drive went south earlier this year, but there are some pics here. </font>

6. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the pics shaggy. The older blazers are different because the spot for the smog pump on mine is on the passenger side of the engine down on the side of the block.

Anyone else gotta York?

7. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have an 89 blazer with a York OBA set-up. You should be able to view some pics in the gallery.