Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

york AC comppressor problames

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Nov 11, 2002.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

ok, i bought a junk yard york AC pump and installed it exactly how Jeff Holsted did his in the technical section. ok heres the problame: the output is low, like WAY low. and its blowing oil out of the output hole. i figure that since my truk is diesel and idles at a very low RPM that could account for some low output. but im really conerned about the oil. my only thoughts are that the piston ring is totally worn out, but i dont think so because it had enough commpression to blow my finger off when i turned the pully with my hand. i think i might have to tear it apart and rebuild it but im hopeing someone will have an easy fix for it. if not does anyone know where i could get a rebuild kit?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The low output is probably because of your low idle. Some blowby is normal in any York, but there is a fix for it. Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

3. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

thanks man, you are my hero!!!! I was really not looking forward to rebuilding that thing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

gotta admit, Evan, you seem to have a link for everything! Got a link for a local brake line fabricator? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The guys at work make fun of my favorites folder all the time... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif There's probably well over 150 truck related links in there; I am anal about organizing it too, every link is filed according what part of the truck it applies to. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Local brake line fabricator - Your local auto parts store for brake line, fittings and a tube bender. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    </font color>

6. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

no hard lines, need flexy stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> CLosest that I have is Rock Equipment in Lincoln. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good prices on custom hoses.</font color>