Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York Compressor Experts.....Got a Question for ya

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Flexy K20, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I picked up a free york compressor 2 days ago when I got my Dana 60. It was just sitting there so I asked the guy if he wanted it and he said just take it so I did. Well I get it home take it aprat and it's in perfect condition, clutch works and everything. Only problem is that it's a medium stroke and not a long stroke. How many CFM is the difference? Also can you convert it to a long stroke and what is the cost/parts needed? But mainy what I was curoius on was what the difference in air displacement was. Thanks for your time. Later
    -fLeXy K20

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

A medium stroke is 9CFM, a long stroke is 10CFM. Just run the medium, it was free so you have nothing to lose. Rebuilding it to be a long stroke would likely cost more than the $30 it would cost to get a long stroke from the junkyard.

3. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

Alright yeah I dont really care about a 1 CFM difference especially since I will be running a tank anyway. The other question I had for ya is you said it is 9 CFM but at what PSI? Alright Thanks
    -fLeXy K20

4. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

well, chew on this, mine is the long stroke. and i am currently running NO tank, and i can run my Mac Impact at FULL BALLS TO THE WALL /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    A medium stroke is 9CFM, a long stroke is 10CFM. Just run the medium, it was free so you have nothing to lose. Rebuilding it to be a long stroke would likely cost more than the $30 it would cost to get a long stroke from the junkyard.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I thought the 09 or 10 was the displacement (10 cubic inches) not the flow rate?

I think I have heard the 210 will flow about 4cfm at 90psi at about 2000rpm.

6. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

check out onboardair.com lots of info...

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You're right, I got my acronyms screwed up. Sorry about that. </font>