Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York compressor questions...HELP please!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have two yourks right now. one is frozen the other needs a new clutch. does anybody make a rebuild kit for them? also will the medium stroke still run air tools? they are both medium stroke. and does anybody have a clutch i can buy?
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I think your best bet would be to dig through a junk-yard and find another York. I ended up getting one from a 73 chevy p/u with bracket (for a 350) and barb fittings on the hoses for almost $30. I also got one from a Volvo (also a 210 and $30 because I got the other one on a 1/2 off day) and found a dodge with the barb fittings on it (those were free[​IMG]).

The clutch is around $150 new and a rebuilt compressor runs around 400.

Or you could swap the parts around on the 2 you have and come up with 1 good York and junk the other.

The difference in the med. and large in 9 CID vs. 10 CID. In other words your 209 will put out 90% of what a 210 will. I don't think either is enough to run air tools so you would have to run a tank no matter what.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

yeh thats what i was thinking. maybe i will just go get a few. i got the old style flange type. i am happy with that. now i can find any one that is good in a 210. and use the flange style top. if anybody needs a flange top i got one. you pay shipping and its yours.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.