Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

york fitting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 69K5, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

where do you get or what size are the two fittings on top of the york. the input and out put. they look like standard threads. i really dont want to haul it to home depot and try em all. something 5/8-3/4 i think.

[​IMG]
    thanks

69k5

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Look at www.onboardair.com, I think they say the sizes on there. I hope that helps.

I need to clean mine up and get it mounted so any info you have on your install would be helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Those are Flare fittings,probably 3/8-1/2 .that would be actual size of the tube and not thread size

4. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    where do you get or what size are the two fittings on top of the york. the input and out put. they look like standard threads. i really dont want to haul it to home depot and try em all. something 5/8-3/4 i think.

[​IMG]
    thanks

69k5

[/ QUOTE ]

go to your local auto parts house and have them convert Four Seasons part number 12908 to whatever they stock for size 8 a/c line or 12910 for size 10 a/c line. if you are working on a unit with a large diameter male threaded tube sticking up vertically from the compressor head plate, that is a tube-o fitting and the flange itself can be replaced with either of the numbers above. the flange fittings in the picture are for size 8 a/c line. fyi- they are not threaded, they are ribbed for a/c line 'push on and crimp' fittings. if they give you any crap, just tell them its on page 361 of the 2002 A/C & HEATER PARTS ILLUSTRATED catalog. the compressors are on page 157 and clutches on 57.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[quote
    go to your local auto parts house and have them convert Four Seasons part number 12908 to whatever they stock for size 8 a/c line or 12910 for size 10 a/c line. if you are working on a unit with a large diameter male threaded tube sticking up vertically from the compressor head plate, that is a tube-o fitting and the flange itself can be replaced with either of the numbers above. the flange fittings in the picture are for size 8 a/c line. fyi- they are not threaded, they are ribbed for a/c line 'push on and crimp' fittings. if they give you any crap, just tell them its on page 361 of the 2002 A/C & HEATER PARTS ILLUSTRATED catalog. the compressors are on page 157 and clutches on 57.

[/ QUOTE ]

man that is awesome!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifwhere else can you get info like that! part numbers and page numbers! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    i will go check it out tommorow. mine are the threaded kind so i will pick those up.

Sf87k5

i am still getting all my parts together for the install. as soon as i have it all together i will put it in and post pics up. i have to get my mount made.

thanks for the help

69k5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You have the flair fitting lines from the looks of it...
    You shouldn't have to do anything to them. Just use some good hi temp hose and 2 clamps.

I have the threaded type and just crammed a 5/8 pipe thread (not sure on the size...yes I put a tapered thread on a strait thread /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif). I just put some pipe tape on there and jammed a brass female reducer on there!...of course I haven't put the stupid thing on the motor yet so who knows but I don't think it will leak.

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i haver the threaded type. i just borrowed the pic from a website for a point of refrence. hopefully yours wont leak.