Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York mount bracket with idler pulley?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by afroman006, May 15, 2003.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I remember seeing a picture awhile back of a really slick york mounting bracket that had an idler pulley between the compressor and the engine. I've searched my ass off and cant find it. Anyone have it? I'm assembling my system right now and am going to run a v-belt off an alternator pulley adapter. I have almost everything else I need except the mounting bracket. Thx for the help.

2. Xtreme Off-Road

Xtreme Off-Road Registered Member

If you know anybody with a lathe, just have them cut the compressor pulley from a v-belt to a serpentine belt. They can use your alt. pulley for mesurements. Then just get a longer belt. I did this a couple of years ago and haven't had a problem yet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

was this it this is mine?
    [​IMG]

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have one, I bought it from a 70's Chevy Van that had aftermarket AC installed. Works great! I used a smog pump pulley on the water pump, it had the extra groove for a belt that lined up perfect for the York.

Also check some Frod Bronco's, they had a similar setup which could be adapted.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

early 70-80s chevy vans came with york compressors. may want to try looking for one of those

ARQ.

6. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

That may be it. The one I'm thinking of has a idler pulley off a SBC. I cant really tell in the pics. Do you have any of it not mounted to the engine? The one in my mind has a bolt that tightens the pulley and the pulley is between the engine and compressor. Not a very compact design But I think it would be easiest. Thx for the tips and advice, but I'm gonna stick with my orignal plan. If I cant find any pics, I guess I'll just come up with my own.

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The York bracket I got off of a 73 p/u (not facrory installed a/c) had a iddler pully on it.