Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York OBA questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Apr 13, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok first question is this a York?
    I got it for a set of stock K20 front springs /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Second question. How can I test it to see if it works before I go any farther?

I have searched as far back as I can go and all of the pics I have seen are for V-belt engines. I have the serpentine and want to keep my factory AC. Does anybody have a blueprint for brackets? I really don't want to spend $175 from onboardair.com /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif What belt can I use and still keep my AC? Anybody who has done this on a serpentine set-up with AC pics and tips please /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Basically any advice from anybody with OBA Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[​IMG]

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Looks like a york to me. To test it I think you have to put 12 volts on the wire and ground the case. This will cause the clutch to engage. Then you spin the pump and it should suck on one hose and blow from the other. You'll also want to make sure the clutch is properly disengaging. I think that is pretty much it.

3. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Look on the front manufacture plate just above the pulley... it should say F209 or F210.. you really want the 210 for the best output.. a few people run the 209 but don't get quite the output they want..

4. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Thats a york, they make pulleys for your serpentine setup. I would spend the money on there bracket becuase the serp. system doesn't leave much room to be off on the lining up of the york plus you get the belt from them to run it with your a/c. Not saying you can't do it but the time verses money thing, you would be ahead of the game buying it. Cyberfire is right on testing the clutch but to just check the compressor just spin the clutch by hand it will pump air with out being engaged.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Not saying you can't do it but the time verses money thing, you would be ahead of the game buying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought the bracket kit from kilby enterprises for the exact mentioned reason. By the time I would have searched for material and then designed the brackets and then figured out which belt to run I would have had too much time involved and to me time is money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Look in my member gallery and there is a pic of mine in there. If you need more specific pics let me know and I can see what I can do for you.

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

OK cool I guess I can spring for the bracket and pulley. Most of the other stuff looks like I can piece together from ACE.

I looked on that plate but don't see 208, 209, or 210 anywhere on there. Guess I just have to pull the pulley off and see which one it is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Ace and home depot have all the fittings, manifold, and pressure switch in stock. Walmart has a 7 gallon storage tank for 15$ also.