Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York OBA ?????????????'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-tonmudder, Jun 1, 2006.

1. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

I have a York and the bracketry from a 70's chevy van on my CUCV that I am going to use for my OBA.I know alot of you guy's are running simillar set-up's,so how do you guy's have them plumbed and where did you get your parts.I have a holding tank from a dumptruck that I am going to mount under it.Kilby has all of the stuff to plumb it,but if I can save a little here I can spend it somewhere else.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

You can save more than a little..look around before you commit to buying from Kilby. Nothing wrong with any of his stuff. In fact, it is all top notch, which is rarely required.

The only thing you really can't or shouldn't cheap out on is the safety devices like blowoff valves, and the outlet hose from the york. It gets real hot.

3. 1-tonmudder

I am going to use a rubber line that is steel braided inside simillar to what you see on heavy equip for the outlet.Yeah I'll probably get my check,and pop off valves from Kilby.

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

I got my check valve, blow off valve and braided steel/teflon hose from McMaster Carr, i think i paid maybe $40 for the valves and a 12" and 18" hose. Then i got a presure switch for an air suspension system for @ $25 on line. I think it was this one http://www.truckspring.com/100-150-psi-pressure-switch-9193.html. Works great only problem i have is teh cheap air hose i used to run back to the tank doesn't like teh heat from the exhaust pipes too much.

5. 1-tonmudder

The truck I got the tank off of had plastic/teflon hoses running to it,so Ill probably use some of it.