Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York On a 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Depdog, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

DISCLAIMER... In no way is this post a "For Sale" add for this bracket, it is for yall to look at, critque, and copy if you wish.

Here are some pics of the bracket I made to mount a York on my 350 engine. This is drivers side and bolts to the head with 3 bolts and one brace going to the intake. Its 1/4" plate mostly and the York is bolted to a tray that slides inside the bracket for belt tension. It also has an ear on the bottom for the power steering pump bracket.

Flame away on how to make it better

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Enjoy
    Depdog

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Flame away on how to make it better

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't it be Chrome with a type 'R' sticker on it?/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice work Glenn, I should be able to use that as a good head start for a bracket on my 6.2./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Not a flame, but a suggestion - make the tray that the compressor sts on adjustable fore and aft, so you can use different pulley combinations and still be able to line them up correctly. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks real nice! </font color>

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Nice. ya should sell them. ill give ya 15 dollars... he he. i wish.
    keep up the good work.
    Grant

5. Depdog

That would make it real heavy and add quite a few more bolts to it. Hmmm. Let me think about that.

Depdog

6. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Is there enough room to slot the holes in the tray that the compressor bolts to so it could be adjusted fore and aft? Figure that way you could align the pulleys if needed and those bolts don't need to be accessible since you just set it once and leave it. That shouldn't add any weight or change the design unless you need to make the tray a little larger to allow room for the slots, but that still wouldn't be much of a difference... Just a thought /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, I can see how it would increas the complexity, but it would also make it a real universal type kit so you could use it with lots of different configurations of pulleys. </font color>

8. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Why not just leave that to the installer to space out the bracket from the front of the head? Ofcouse you'd need to make that support arm adjustable, but that sounds easier. Kinda hard to say w/o having it in your hands, ya know? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

sweet job! looks nicer than the cluster **** i made to sit to the side of my a/c. YES IM KEEPING MY AC&lt; I HATE THE HEAT /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif and so i will suffer with the york loose belt syndrome /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

should'a painted it yeller /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Depdog

Exactly what I am thinking about is making the tray slot adjustable forward and backward. Gotta look at some different things. Right now if it was any taller, it would hit the hood. I might have an inch to play with up, but the air filter would have to be moved.

Depdog

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just wondering if you think it needs to be made of 1/4" or is that just what you had on hand?

13. Depdog

Well, its what I had on hand /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, and the stock stuff is like 1/8" or 3/16", BUT it has lots of dimples and gulleys bent into it to add rigidity (is that a word???) I have to make do with flat plate and gussets. Also this one does not tie onto the header at all. Its a tad heavy, but I doubt I will notice on this big ole fat pig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Depdog

14. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

The mount I used is slotted for that. It uses an adustable tension pully to tighten the belt. The pump is stationary. Hoping to remount it sometime in the next few weeks.

15. Depdog

I was looking at doing a tension pulley, but could not find a source for one cheaply. I say somone elses on the site and this is how its done. I have a few ideas floating around in my head. Most of them revolve on making a sturdy enough mounting bracket first.

Depdog

16. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just wondering because I think I have a good size sheet of 3/16" coming my way. Of course I still need the compressor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

That is a pressure switch on the inner fender isn't it? So I take it you have it set up to cut off and on automatically. Where did you get the filter that you are using on the intake?

18. Depdog

The pressure switch is the big gray rectangle doohickey that is mounted off of the pipe off the tank. Its just a normal one for a home air compressor, I have it set to cut off at like 120 125 psi. It is in addition to the on/off switch I have in the cab. The air filter is a K&amp;N crank case breather.

Depdog

19. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I still need to make a bracket for mine. That is all I have left to do.

I have a york on a bracket (looks like a dealer install..I got it from a 73 truck) but it won't line up with the pullies on my truck (I have a short water pump like all 1st gens). It sits on top of the thermostat housing and has a pully to adjust the tension...I'll have to get some pics of it up sometime.

Edit:
    I used a K&amp;N type filter I found in the "ricer" section of autozone clamped onto a york barb fitting off of a dodge van.

20. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It uses an adustable tension pully to tighten the belt. The pump is stationary.

[/ QUOTE ]
    thats the way i did mine i used a tensioner pully off a big CAT motor we had laying around our shop