Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York pump

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mattyblazer, Dec 28, 2002.

1. mattyblazer

mattyblazer 1/2 ton status

Can I get a york compressor to fit where my smog pump was?

Thanks
    Matt

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

You mean down on the passenger side below the alternator? those Yorks are pretty big, I wouldnt think so, but you never know.

3. mattyblazer

Yeah, thats where I was thinking about, judging from your answer it is not a good idea?

4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

I'm planning on putting next to the factory ac pump but I need to change the ps to a double v pulley to get enough surface area so the belts don't slip

5. Sandman

If you could get it to fit I dont see any problem. Figuring out the brackets and belts might be fun. I've got mine where the AC pump used to sit.

6. mattyblazer

I got the not so "quick air 3" and have not been satisfied with the performance, its a lot slower than they claim, and I think a belt driven compressor is the only thing that will do what I want.
    -Matt

7. Sandman

Oh yeah. My York and with my back bumper as the air tank would run air tools and put tires back on rims. Comes in very handy. Its one of those things that if you dont have it you dont miss it, but when you do have it, you wonder how you got along without it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. mattyblazer

You are correct, and I have a 4X4 armor front bumper (which can be made to hold air) I think that I might have to try and put the york unit next to the factory a/c because I know that that has been done.
    Thanks for the answers.
    -Matt

9. Sandman

Good luck with it! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. mattyblazer

Thank you, and I noticed that you dont sleep either.
    -Matt

11. Sandman

Oh my stupid cat woke me up last night and then Topoff got his cheap winches and I got worked up over that since I might get some too and I ended up half the night. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

If you get those winches, you need to sell me one!

I will have some updated York Bracket pics for the Drivers side of an older 350 with v belts soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

Depdog

13. Sandman

Werent you the guy who called and told them? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. Depdog

I did not call and tell. I wanted to place an order via phone since I dont have a VISA card, its a check card and I could not have them take out 700 bucks and leave me bouncing checks. He found it on his own. I was trying to get one.
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Depdog

15. Sandman

Just kidding with you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Man, I wish you guys would drop the winch thing! I've been sitting down here in Texas trying to bight my tongue and clear the issue from my mind! BUT ALL YOU GUYS WANT to do is keep talking about it!!!!! That was the steal of the century and I was 5 Sec from getting two(I'm Poor!)!!!! Then it flashed an error at me cause they shut the ordering system down!!!!!! That was the first message I saw when I turned the computer on and there wasn't a single reply to it yet! There was no reason for anyone to pick a phone up, it was obviously a typo and the only way any buisness was going to let that go was if there wasn't any PEOPLE involved! But NOOOOOOOOO, Someone had to Call! Now only 1 or 2 people were able to get any and BANK on the situation! If we had kept out mouths shut and had everyone order 1-4 oursleves, THIS whole site would've gotten ONE! OK, I'm sorry for the Rant! I've been bottling this up for three days and I guess since my wife told me to shut-up, I needed to rant! Again, I'm sorry for the emotions, but I feel better! Let's stop stealing this guys post! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

17. Depdog

Read above post. I DO NOT have a Credit Card, I have a Check Card, so the $$$ comes out of my checking account. I did not want the web site to show $45.00 and my account to actually be billed the true $7-800 bucks they really cost, this would BOUNCE a bunch of checks for me.

If I screwed it up for anyone else then consider this my full appoligy. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Depdog