Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

York With Serp Belt

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Would Anyone be able to find out what year make model vehicle would have a serpantineclutch ? it would be great as i need a clutch and want to get one in town and i bought mine on ebay so no clue as to where it came from and it needs to have a serpantine clutch as well.

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

you can buy a serp clutch or jsut buy a pulley the has the serp and v belt and run the york with the v belt. the clutches are around 100 and the pulley is about 40, when i do mine im planning on the vbelt off the alternator

3. ProJunkRacing

yeah i have a really good parts guy that hooks me up beyond belief good friend so that is why i want to buy the new clutch anyone else?

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I bought mine from KilbyEnterprises for i think $110.00. I just took a look at Kilby's website and that 6 groove serp clutch/pulley is now $140.00.

5. ProJunkRacing

yeah i am going to get a few things from kilby but they are expensive , that is why i want to find what year the clutch comes from so i can talk to my friend at autozone and pay cost