Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You are all invited!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87Blazerlady, Feb 16, 2003.

1. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Just got my Website up and running. It is actually just an introduction for what's to come, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but at least I finally got started. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Please feel free to visit and let me know what you think. Thanks all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

is it a kegger

3. pissant469

pissant469 1/2 ton status

damn i should have read the post before replying

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

"Ahhhh... git 'em off, git 'em off!"
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Looks good, ought to bead out a K5. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Good start.I want to start one to sell offroad videos.Gotta do something to make a living .Got 3 or 4 ready to go now and working on more. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 87Blazerlady

Actually, Twiztid, I'm expecting my bead pattern software Monday or Tuesday and the first thing I want to work on is this:
    [​IMG]
    I also remember seeing somewhere in one of the threads, the old logo with the ck5 on it. If anyone knows where it is, would you let me know? I also want to bead that, too. When I post those on my website, that will generate attention to coloradok5, too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. 87Blazerlady

ZonkRat
    You should get yourself started like I did. Everything you saw on my website was free. Even the website was free. It is easy. If I can do it, you can do it. That was just my first page. I will just keep adding to what space is free then upgrade when I run out of room. Then the upgrade is a ridiculously low price. Check it out at www.lycos.com . They have all of the tools you need to build with and where you need special code (I think it is called HTML code), they already have it ready for you to copy and paste. They have a free plan and 4 other plans that are soooo reasonable. The free plan you have to deal with ads but the upgrades you don't. Good luck to you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know there are probably better places to go, but for a person like me with no money to get training, Lycos was a Godsend. I've pretty much taught myself about my computer with the tutorials. I've had my computer almost 2 years now. Would you believe I just learned how to navigate in the Windows Explorer. But even with that I had already taught myself shortcuts and didn't even realize they were shortcuts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Listen to me ramble on. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Sorry just excited about what I accomplished today. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Need to do something besides think about it.NO good jobs here and wife doesn't want to move.Her mother was sick for long time and now got new grandson.so she still doesn't want to leave area.Been editing videos on computer and finally got couple pretty good ones.Been able to sell a few when in Tellico on S M Treks,but,not much interest around here.Kinda like the idea of makeing living by going wheeling across country.Bout decided to try it now.May post in for sale here to see if any interest.Got stuff from 85 till now.Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'll have to show wife bead work.She's Native Am. and learning to do some herself.That is time consuming work.I'm lucky cause oldest son is computer genius and helps with probs on it.Thanks again. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Your site is looking great Judy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It is exciting especialy since you have taught yourself how to do it. I really like Tripod. That is where I started out too and they were great for me. Keep it up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    (I think it is called HTML code),

[/ QUOTE ]

Suggestion.... Even if you are using an editing program to build your website it is a good idea to know a little something about HTML code... HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. It's the code that tells browsers what to display and where it is displayed on the web page. The reason you should know a little about HTML is because it will be easier for you to fix things and make changes and updates if you know how to read the "source code". As a webmaster and someone who writes all of his own code for websites, I have been asked to fix websites that were built with editors and could not do so without HTML knowlege.

Here's a good place to learn everything you want to know about HTML for free... HTML Goodies

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Looking good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. 87Blazerlady

ZonkRat---If your wife hasn't already, tell her to search "bead patterns". She will be amazed at all the patterns she can find and how much she can learn for free. And ask her to keep an eye on my site and I will try to help as much as I can.

I urge you to not just think about it like I did for months. When I finally did it, (of course I had to find a place to start) I had it up in a day. Good luck, again. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. 87Blazerlady

ChevyHuny---Thank you for all your encouragement. But ya know something? Tripod is doing all of the work. They are providing all of the tools I need to build my site. They have the HTML codes already created. Landsmasher did direct me to a site to help me understand and learn that stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

BTW your site is looking good, too. Hope I will be able to create like that. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

15. 87Blazerlady

Landsmasher---Thanks for directing me to HTML Goodies. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I just finished the first lesson in HTML primers. I will probably do the second one sometime today, too. Everything there, so far, is very easy to understand. Thanks again. I really appreciate it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

No Problem Blazerlady... It's really kind of fun once you start to put it to work. Practice your tags by building a small test site on Tripod... You can also build your own using microsoft NOTEPAD and saving it as "yourpagenamehere.html" or .htm...

Good Luck and Have Fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. 87Blazerlady

Thank you chevyracing, Boudreaux----- and I think Pissant. I wasn't quite getting pissant's drift. lol
    /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

19. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I can't wait to see the pics of the work you've done. It may inspire me to take this up as a hobby. I have alot of patience when it comes to working on intricate projects and have a very creative nature. I'm going to be seeking more info on the web and may have more questions for you down the road.

20. 87Blazerlady

No Angel,
    That sounds great and I would be glad to help in anyway that I can. That encourages me to get moving a little faster. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Good luck to you. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh yea, NoAngel, did you see the one I put on my webpage?
    it is of 9/11/01