Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

you decide

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Jan 16, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

here are the contestants, you get two choices /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sapper

And dont try to vote for the same thing twice (like I did) the computer wont let you, so if you caint make up your mind pick the best 2 right away.
    I picked the NorCar Offroad taking a little from Nor Cal Offroad its not type or event specific and i think thats best, yes its state named but the point of this was for us to be able to meet each other during the summer, not to be a ass to outside people if you can come from out of state then come on /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bewarespam.gif

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i still say Dixie Offroad....

i really dont think a name with K5 in it is a good idea, just because it sounds so vehicle-specific

4. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yeh I agree I saw several people who liked Dixie Offroad but why isn't it on the list of names to vote for?

5. sapper

Because i dont feel like giving history lessons to everyone that doesnt fully understand what was going on betweem 1861-1865 besides that i really just dont like it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and dont start my familly is from Fort Mill South Carolina /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Stroked72Blazer

So if I started the pole I could have only put up the names that I liked. Well that sounds like the way things should work in a democracy. Oh wait that is how it works in this fake democracy we live in.

7. sapper

you want to talk about democracy to me???? How many months have you spent deployed training to keep it safe, how many wars have you fought to keep it safe. In the 18 mounths from Jan 2002 to June 2003 i was out of my house for a year, i have been home for less than half of my daughters life, i have had my brother Marines blood on my hands getting them put back toghether so they could live and come back home, muther f-------er dont get pissy with me about democracy if you want to have a club named dixie whatever then put yourself where i am do a little typing and then go f--- yourself. what did i miss the post about only one club per state???

8. sapper

Now that my blood presure has gone back down, ill reanswer you like this, i am fully aware of the pride of the south like i said before my familly is from here, i am also fully aware of how 80% of Americans view the confederate flag and alot of the things assoiciated with it like the word dixie. Like it or not its precieved as a racial image, thats something that i will not be associated with for any reason. I was lucky to be a Army brat, and we were brought up color blind and thats the way i will be untill i die. The entire idea here was to have something statewide, i posted before if its just something that we only interact with each other is via the net then we allready have it, its called CK5, do whatever you want in Arkansas, if you do want to come here and run with us then come on down, just dont question how i feel about democracy or this country, i and my familly have sacrificed to much for this place to be doubted by someone who has never me.

9. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Right on Paul Semper Fi!!!!!!!!! Me and Paul have been kicking this idea around for months.. If you wanna join thats cool the more the Marrier we all will have a chance to pick a name and I hope everyone likes it... Statewide was the idea from the beginning so we can all get together and have some good ole fun.

10. Stroked72Blazer

First I served my time in the Army defending this great country and that has noting to do with democracy. I consider myself a patriot even though I don't agree with a lot of the things our government does. Thats what is so great about this country I am alowwed to disagree and voice my opinion. So don't try to throw your Jarhead attitude out at me because I am keeping democracy in check. After all if knowone critisises our democracy then we loose what democracy is all about and thats the people. Of coarse that has nothing to do with Dixie. You see the south was called Dixie way before the idea of a union or a confederate south. It was called Dixie because it is the area south of the Mason "DIXON" line. But we're not here to argue politics or hystory. I bet if you would calm down just a bit quit being so defensive you might find out we share alot of political veiws. Or maybe not. If you are offended by Dixie then I apoligise I ment no offence. I don't even think about race when I here the word Dixie and if you do then I wonder just how colorblind you are. The bottom line is if we are to truely overcome racism then we (yes, myself included) must first learn to not see other peoples actions a racist or not racist.

That being said I appoligise for all who were offended and forgive all those who have offended.

Now, if what you are trying to do is establish a local Carolina offroad club I wish you would find another forrum to use for it. Especially if it is not to be a make specific club. This IS, afterall, a K5 site. Before Steve realigned the regional areas Arkansas was part of the "Midwest K5 Thing". Once a year we had a weekend event somewhere within the region. There were also several other events that were less organised. This was kind of what I thought you were trying to do here. And if it's not is what I would like to do here. That doesn't mean to go elswhere and do your own thing. It just means do you Carolina Offroad club elswere and come here for a regional K5 club.

11. sapper

[ QUOTE ]
    If you are offended by Dixie then I apoligise I ment no offence

[/ QUOTE ]

i said
    [ QUOTE ]
    i am also fully aware of how 80% of Americans view the confederate flag and alot of the things assoiciated with it like the word dixie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    I bet if you would calm down just a bit quit being so defensive

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Now that my blood presure has gone back down, ill reanswer you like this

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    So don't try to throw your Jarhead attitude out at me

[/ QUOTE ]

Jam it /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. thezentree

norcal big dawgs was spawned at CK5. its open to all 4wds and is a california club....

i think this is a perfectly good place to get a club going, especially since a lot of local enthusiasts browse this forum. us NC boys arent trying to take over the southeast forum and turn it into Carolina K5, just trying to get a local club going. there are plenty of posts from all over the place (GA, FL, SC, AK - hello pot, this is kettle, etc.). i dont see what the problem with that is. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. sapper

Great point John

anyway, right now dirty south 4wheelers is in the lead, if anybody has another idea or wants to try another poll put it in and we will see what happens. Does anyone have a "end date" that should wait to before ideas of the logo are started?? Hopefully that wont be as much of a PITA /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. thezentree

im bein picky, but what about Dirty South Offroad?

as for an end date, i'd say we oughta cut it off by say jan 26th (next sunday) at the latest

15. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Carolina Big Dawgs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Ok I think we should have a end date of the 31st of this month. Then we take the top 3 and choose from them. Give it a 3 week time limit, then we start on the logo.

How does this sound to all the local Carolinas. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

sounds fine, lets get it done. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Clay

18. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

There is already a "Dirty South" Off-raod Club in SC.

19. thezentree

well damn. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif