Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You guys are really missing out!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Storm Trooper, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I know that alot of you just can't swing it but for the guys that could but don't, missing the Blazer Bash is a big mistake. You are missing the once a year best time you could have with your truck and to meet a bunch of guys on this site. It's kinda like belonging to a club but never showing up for a meeting /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. I just thought I'd put this up because I know how many members we have here but how few show up to the one big event of the year. I'm sure many of you are saying, dam! but I live so far away. All I can say is that we have one member <font color="red"> seventyk5 </font> that is coming from New York so /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif. We have had guys drive from Canada down here and we have guys coming out here all the way from California. Maybe I'm out of line but I just wanted to say that you are really missing out, that's all. I don't want to piss everyone off but I just think everyone should try it sometime, put the truck to the test. Even stock Blazers would amaze you. Chevy power rules and you should show it. Nuf said....
    Remember, this is not directed at the guys that want to come but just can't swing it or afford it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.
    For those going, see you there brothers /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Setup a booth for the vehicle-less and I'll come down and watch /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Plans are for the project rusty bucket to make it 2005
    Just need a vehicle and trailer to pull my 8tons of diamond plate down there /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i would love to go, but unless you let mae take a honda civic out. i need a small gas lone, un 2 grand anyone? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm really hopin that maybe next year will be a more profitable one. When you have 3 bucks in your checking account two days before payday making a trip like that in a truck that really isn't trailworthy even for local trails is a bit foolhardy.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) that here in the next little bit we'll get turned around but until then we will live vicariously through y'all in the pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

hopefully camok5 will be "done" in 2005 or 2006 so I can go /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. Storm Trooper

There's almost always a spare seat out there if someone shows up. My spotter backed out this year so I'll have a spare seat for someone that can handle a guy that smokes and maybe drinks a little to much at night /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Darkshadow, we can always use a honda civic to play on /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif (speed bump test) or you could wheel it. It would be fun to watch /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
    Allan, like I said, I totally understand the guys that want to go but can't afford it. It's good that you are thinking about next year /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif. Hope things work out this year so you can. I'm just saying that their is a bunch of guys on here that can but just don't and they are missing some really cool stuff. BTW, I'll take as many pic's I can without a spotter. Come on guys, fire up those Chevy's and come out! There's still time /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

will the magazines be covering it like last year?
    get lots of pics!

8. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

i am going, but....

since both blazers are down, i am bringing my one of my cherokee's, when i went last year to pick up aaron after he broke down, i promised myself that this year i would be going, even if i just tagged along with someone, now i have met someone and we are going together, this will be her first experience at wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Storm Trooper

magazines? I didn't know of any lasy year.
    They were there for EJS (Easter Jeep Safari) but I don't think they were there for BB. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    I invited Spike TV for some footage for there new xtreme 4x4 show but I doubt it will happen.
    It would be cool if they did. I might even damage the Trooper for a good shot on that /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. Storm Trooper

[ QUOTE ]
    this will be her first experience at wheeling

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't scare her too bad /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Now that's the spirit!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. fourwheelerjeff

[ QUOTE ]
    All I can say is that we have one member <font color="red"> seventyk5 </font> that is coming from New York so /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i think he is from nevada

12. fourwheelerjeff

quadrace13 is from new york according to the sign up sheet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I was there last year and really wish I could go this year...the truck is ready but after quitting my old job and just starting a new job a month ago I can't get any significant time off and money is a bit tight.

I will confirm that it is an awe inspiring event for Chevy lovers. A really great group of guys and trucks and the trails are incredible!!! I didn't want to leave last year...

I will be coming to BB '05 though, and with any luck at all my buddy Stan will be bringing his '89 Blazer too.

Rene

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

what is moab really like?
    ful spectrum of wheeling or? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey I showed up with a broken transfer case, you could catch a ride with someone...

16. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    what is moab really like?
    ful spectrum of wheeling or? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The full spectrum...from mild to wild. The only problem is some guys will try and convince you that some trails aren't anywhere near as tough as you've heard.

Mostly, nobody will put you in harms way, and there are bypasses, and if you're really uncomfortable you can always park the truck and hop in with someone else. It's truly an amazing place, and I wish I lived a lot closer to it.

Rene

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    The only problem is some guys will try and convince you that some trails aren't anywhere near as tough as you've heard.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah like Storm Trooper /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

18. Storm Trooper

Not Me! I wouldn't do that to you /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Well.......... maybe just a little /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But back to the point... ah...... what was the point?
    Oh yeah! Everyone should try it at least once (or more).
    It's a really cool place with a bunch of cool trails and nice people /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    It might even make you want to build your Blazer, sub or pickup a little more.

19. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i wish i could go but, no job=no money /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    also i have no vehicle or trailer to pull my truck out there, yet.

maybe next year

20. tRustyK5

[ QUOTE ]
    i wish i could go but, no job=no money /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    also i have no vehicle or trailer to pull my truck out there, yet.

maybe next year

[/ QUOTE ]

A big budget helper is to not trailer your junk. Sure, you can't build it quite as extreme, but you will save money and probably wheel 'smarter'. I drove my junk 1200 miles each way and had a ton of fun wheeling it there last year. Cost me less than $250 on fuel for the whole trip...

Camping is pretty cheap too.

Rene