Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

You guys ready for East Coast Blazer Bash?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Feb 1, 2005.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I got the rig running today, fixed a flat tire, got my winch working, and generally looked over it, getting ready for ECBB.

My new Dodge is being built a week from tomorrow, I'll have it about March 1st.

How about the rest of you???????

Oh, btw, once again guys, don't buy a milemarker electric winch. I just fixed mine for the fourth time today...and it's only had weight on the cable 5 times or so. Hopefully it will last this time.....:confused:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yea,man. Gotta swap me wiring and front receiver from the '73 to my '75 unless I go buy new 1 gauge cable and another battery box and isolator. But we'll be there winch or comealong!

3. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Where is it being held and when? I'm in GA and would like to check it out.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

April 22nd to 24th, see the Blazer Bash forum for info. That's partly why I posted this thread....

5. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Heres the link http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123988

I'm not ready but I hope to be by April. I'll be there reguardless if the rig is finished. I do my mods by the weekend. I can't stand to see it sitting there and not able to move. I'll come at what ever stage I'm at, at the time. Already got my reservations for Crawfords.

6. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

if i get my truck finished up in time ill see if i can get a couple of my buddies to go down ther with me

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I wish... With all the parts and work my K5 needs right now, about the only way I'd make it is if I made triple my current income without having to go to work. Plus I'd have to become a semi-skilled welder in that timeframe.

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Nope, not one bit. Need to pull the motor, go through it and do some "MINOR" modifications to it and do a few odd and end things but should be up and running in a month or so, weather permitting, for the test run in March.

9. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Hell ya!!

This weekend I got both Rockwells perfectly mocked up under the truck, cut out 3 more cross members,made a new one for the transmission mount, and 1 other one for the rear upper links frame mount, built bridges for the top of both center chunks for the links, both rear and front bottom links are done and tacked welded in. Most of my full Hydro steering from Station came in (still waiting for the double ended ram), went to Agri-supply and bought the rear 10" ram, and a lot of little stuff like cleaning, wire bruching etc, etc. Still waiting on disc brakes and my new hummer beadlocks from Daniel, as well as my 42" Iroks (stupid backorders!!)

I will bring my S-Duece thread back up and post pics tommorrow.

Bottom line.......I will be at ECBB01!!!!!!

So ready to wheel.....................Rob

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

What about everybody else? Are ya comin' or not??????

I can't wait to test my bambar and High Angle Drivelines on the rocks of Tellico, spinning and smoking my TSLs into chunks of rubber and mud, screaming up some of the craziest rocks this side of the Mississippi!!!!!

Cmon guys, get in!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  11. 82dieselburb

82dieselburb 1/2 ton status

I'll be there,I just need to get my Jimmy done in time.I have a small cabin reserved at Crawford from Thursday night through Sunday.It will be myfirst time to Tellico,can't wait:D :D :D :D :D

12. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I should be there, just not sure what I'll be driving. I hope to have a motor in my 72, we'll see what happens.:D

Steve

13. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Damn, you guys have to rub it some more, don't you? ;) Unfortunately the wife will be about 9 months pregnant at that time so there is no way I can make it.

I hear you about the Milemarker winches. Two of my buddies have them and both are less than impressed. One has already replaced the motor (under warranty, but still!) after only about 3-4 light winch pulls.

14. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Tim,
    Are you coming down 65 or 74 from Illinois through Indy on your way down. If so and if it isn't a problem, I might follow your smoking new Dodge down. I'd feel safer towing that far with another wheeler. Makes the time go by faster too.

Right now $cash in my pocket (ok my wifes purse!) and gas prices are the only things that would prevent me from going....I doubt that I'd be one ton by then but I'll have extra pieces just in case.
    -Mark

15. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I don't know for sure if I'm going or not yet, but if so, we can probably meet up and follow each other down there Mark.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sure thing man, you can follow me. Jeremy (beater_K20) will be with me so of course I'll be going through Indiana.

I'm hoping that someone will have a bigger trailer than mine that I can borrow so I can pull two rigs down there. I haven't found one as of yet, though. :frown1: Otherwise I'll just be pulling my own rig, and hopefully I'll have a truck full of passengers.

I still have one unclaimed seat and one partially claimed seat for those that are on the fence. Chip in part of the 140 gallons of Diesel it's going to take to get there and it's all good.:grin: :grin:

17. sean'schevy

sean'schevy 1/2 ton status

My truck should be ready to go just need to save up some cash for the gas for the trip got the 8.1 gas eater. Really hoping to go it will be one of my trucks first real good wheeling trip. Hope you guys dont mind a pickup comming

18. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pickups are great!

You can throw a sheet of plastic over the bed, fill it with water and ta, da,
    Instant mobile pool!!!!!!!!
    A.K.A. redneck bathtub!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  19. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

MM have a 2 year warranty don't they??

20. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

well mine is ready :surepal: :haha: lets see mount new front springs, crossover, front lockrite, change spring hanger mounts and shackle mounts, 2wd sector shaft, get new front driveshaft but hey nothing big :D Ill be there